(14)

When did it happen Colby?

Kenzie's pov

Sky and I decide we wanted to hold a party at our place. Why? I have no idea. But we did just spend a hell of a lot of money on this. The whole Trap house and others show up at 9:00.

"Hey." They say simultaneously. Sky and I return the hey. Next thing I know the house is fully packed and I had lost Jake, Colby and Sky.

"Hey." A guy says from next to me.

"Hey, like the party?" I ask making a small circle with my finger in the air.

He laughs, "Yeah. It's pretty good. I'm Hayden." He introduces himself with his hand out. I accept it.

"Kenzie." I smile sweetly. His eyes go big.

"You are ofc Kenzie." He laughed and looked at me more.

"Yeah that's me." I say and look around. I find Colby and Elton talking. "It was nice to meet you." I wave and walk away towards the boys. I wrap my arms around Colby and kind of hide there for a minute.

"You good?" He laughs pulling me to the side of him and Elton.

"Yeah there's just so many people." I gesture towards the large group of people taking up my entire house. Both of the boys laugh at my actions.

"Never been to a LA party Mack?" Elton calls me the nickname he gave me. I shake my head and look at everyone.

"First time I came to LA, Sky and I instantly made a video about the hospital. That's when we found out about Colby and Sam. I mean like that they were there." I say pointing at Colby.

"Oh shit. Yeah I forgot." He laughed. "LA for two months and you already through your first house party." Elton puts his arm around me as Amanda walked up.

"Hey sweets." I give her a hug. She happily accepts.

"Elton lets go do something." She grabs Elton and drags him away. Leaving Colby and I together.

"How you like it?" He asked leaning close so I could hear and we didn't have to yell.

"I don't know really. I used to party in high school with um Sky and Jace but after the accident and a couple other things I fell out of it." I shrug and watch Colby.

He smiles a soft smile. "Hey first time back has got to be big." He throws his arms to the side showing 'big'. I laugh.

"Lets go out back." Colby grabs my hand and we walk out the back door. There's not as many people out back and the music is not as loud.

"What have you been drinking?" Colby asks looking at my cup.

"Arizona." I smile holding it up and swirling it.

"Okay." He takes it and smells it to just be sure. I laugh and watch him look back at me after handing me my drink back.

"And what are you drinking sir?" I question, grabbing his drink before he could ask and smelling it. Coke.

"Coke." He smiles as I handed him his drink back. I nod and look at him.

"Hey I got to pee." Colby laughs and walks in a circle around me. "Can I use your bathroom?" He questions pointing up. I nod. "Thanks do not move." Then he takes off running to my bathroom.

I wait for what feels like an hour and I watch people play volleyball and corn hole. Games that Corey bought with Sky saying people would love them.

"Hey." Colby put a hand on my shoulder and I jump a little bit realizing he was standing next to me.

"Hey." He sat down next to me and we watched the game of volleyball for a couple minutes not talking.

"Sorry it took me so long the crowd is crazy." He points inside and laughs.

"When do you think people would start heading out?" I ask looking inside and then back at the volleyball game. Two drunk guys fall causing me to laugh.

"By two no later then three." He said shrugging and leaning back on his arms.

Jake comes running out of the back door and runs right to us. Well Colby to be specific.

"Bro what's up." Colby laughs as Jake shows Colby his phone and Colby instantly stands up looking at whatever was on the screen.

I stand up, not trying to be nosey but it was awkward being at the height I was. I step up on the porch and stretch real quick.

"When did this happen?" Jake asks watching Colby who was still fixated on the phone.

"What's going on?" I ask looking at the boys who jump forgetting I was standing there. Colby looks at me with soft eyes and smile. Jake looks at me worried.

"Nothing just something with one of our old friends." Colby says and hands Jake his phone back. Jake takes it and stuffs it in his pocket. Sam and Kat come out back and walk right to us.

"Dude what the hell. When did that happen Colby?" Sam says walking over to Colby and Jake. Kat came and gave me a hug, we just stood there swaying for a couple seconds.

"Talk later about it." Colby says from behind Kat. Kat turned around and looked at me from the side.

"Wanna go get something to drink?" She asked and I nod looking at my empty cup. We walk inside, not one boy followed us. We walk to the kitchen and Sky is in there yelling at Dev and Corey.

"What the hell?" Sky yells and stops when she sees me. "Hey Ken." She smiles lightly and walks over giving me a hug. Kat pours me some of my Arizona into the cup and then hands it to me.

Corey, Dev, Kat, Sky and I stay in the kitchen for a while till the party fully dies down. Then we go to find everyone else and we all meet in my living room. Sam and Kat on the giant bean bag chair. Corey, Dev, Sky and I on the couch. Elton and Amanda on the mini couch/big ass chair.  But no Colby or Jake. I instantly get a little sad that they aren't here.