Chapter Two

As soon as Han Jisung rounded the bend that took him out of sight from the bus stop, he let out a relieved sigh and slumped against the brick wall. Stupid, stupid! He ran a hand down his face and sighed into his palm. He peered around the corner and saw that human – Minho – sitting at the bus stop, staring aimlessly at the sky.

He blew out a quick breath and shook his head. That was stupid, you could've revealed yourself to that human. He peeked back at him, blinking slowly. He would've died otherwise. Something in him recoiled at that. As he studied the human's face, his eyes narrowed slightly; he almost looked... familiar.

He shook his head; that was impossible. He'd hardly ever been in the city before, especially not this one. The bus soon came, and he disappeared from view. As soon as the bus left, Jisung was once again hit with the putrid smell of the city, and he wrinkled his nose.

"I should get back to the pack," he said softly, under his breath as he gripped the backpack strap thrown across his shoulder. He had what he'd been sent to get, and the sooner he brought it back to the pack, the better. He hitched it up higher on his shoulder and disappeared down the side alley.

~#~#~#~#~#~

Nobody intercepted him when he crossed the border between the human lands and the Sun pack's territory. They knew his wolf by scent and sight by now, and it would've been a waste to check him. He carried his backpack delicately in his mouth, careful not to damage its contents.

It had taken him a little longer than usual to reach the packhouse because of what he carried, and now the moon was perched high in the sky, but at least he'd made it quickly enough. When the packhouse came into view, he stopped in a patch of trees and shifted back into his human form.

He opened the backpack and quickly pulled out the clothes he'd stuffed in it earlier, and slipped them on. He ran a hand through his hair before he trudged up the steps and entered his home.

The meeting room was crowded with his pack members, some talking casually between one another, others staring straight ahead with their arms crossed, expressions grim. He couldn't blame them for being anxious; the war was only getting worse, and it wouldn't be long before they couldn't hide anymore.

The other Allied Packs were buying them time to figure out what it was, exactly, that the Vampire King was looking for. They'd come to the general consensus that it was a secret weapon of some sorts, something strong enough to destroy them all.

They didn't have long to get to the bottom of it anymore.

"Jisung!" His head snapped up as his name was called, and he barely had the time to move out of the way when someone came hurtling towards him with supernatural speed. Though, everyone in this room had that speed; in their human forms, they weren't quite as fast as vampires, but still far quicker than any human.

"Felix?" He cocked an eyebrow as his eyes travelled to a strange clump of... something in his hair. "What's that?" He pointed to his own head, and Felix scrambled to remove whatever it was.

"Dammit," he groaned, throwing his head back in exasperation. "Cookie dough." He glared when Jisung opened his mouth. "Don't ask." The two were interrupted by a third wolf joining their ranks.

"Oh, hey, Hyunjin!" Felix chirped, and the black-haired boy returned the greeting as they exchanged high-fives. Hyunjin's eyebrows furrowed and he leaned in closer to Felix. The blonde boy shrank away slightly, but Hyunjin simply grabbed his chin, forcefully turning his head to the side.

"Um, this is kinda awkward, can you like, not?" Felix's words were slurred due to his pursed lips – a direct result of Hyunjin squeezing his cheeks together.

Destined {𝕄𝕀ℕ𝕊𝕌ℕ𝔾}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara