Chapter Twenty-Four

Jisung could not explain the happiness that welled inside of him as he and Minho talked, drinks untouched. It was almost like the music had faded in his ears until the only melody he could hear was the other's laughter.

It was at least half an hour before Felix returned with Changbin and Hyunjin on his heels, grinning manically. Jisung supposed he should thank him, even though he was a bit peeved that he'd been tricked into coming in the first place. "So, did you guys make up?"

Jisung nodded with a laugh, his slight irritation long forgotten and his friend's expression softened. "Great!" He slid into the seat beside Minho, and the other two sat down afterwards. His evil smile slipped back onto his face as he clasped the brunet's shoulder. "SHOTS!" Jisung's eyes bulged out of his head, and he winced slightly.

He'd never been good with alcohol, even for a werewolf. From the mischievous grin on his friend's face, he knew it all too well. He shrugged it off; today was a good day. He might as well.

~#~#~#~#~#~

The ground spun beneath Jisung's feet, even though he was sitting. He was giggling uncontrollably with Minho, while the other three werewolves snickered at them silently. His cheeks flushed bright red, and really, he didn't know why he was laughing, only that he was happy enough to.

Minho leaned against him, finally calming down from his laughing fit, and the touch was electrifying. Jisung wanted to keep him close, always. The human boy shot up, an excited grin overtaking his features as he bounced in his seat.

"Let's dance!" he shrieked, and although loud, it surprisingly did not hurt the werewolf's ears. His eyes widened and he shook his head vehemently.

"N... no! I... I can't dance," he spluttered, but Minho was already out of his seat and latched onto his hand, dragging him away, towards the dance floor. He stumbled after him but soon began to laugh again, holding the other's hand now.

"Should we go after them?" Hyunjin questioned, following the two with his eyes. Felix shrugged and sipped his drink.

"Nah. They'll be fine; we'll hear it if anything's wrong." Even over the loud, deafening music, if something was seriously the matter Jisung would use his mind link; even if he was utterly drunk.

Soon Jisung found himself in the middle of the crowd, and he latched onto Minho's hips as they stumbled and swayed to the upbeat music. It was the perfect moment through his distorted eyes.

He could see nothing but Minho, and the flashing, coloured lights reflected off his face, his eyes. "You're pretty," he said, to which the other looked up at him and tilted his head with a giggle.

"You're pretty tooooo." His words were slurred, but the werewolf could still hear them. At those words, at the giddy, unexplainable feeling, a familiar, yet different voice echoed in response; two minds...

He pressed their foreheads together, and Minho leaned into the touch, a smile toying at the edges of his lips. Two souls... He bit down on his bottom lip as their eyes met, something overwhelming his senses, his mind. His brain screamed at him to stop, but it was almost like it had shut off.

Minho's eyes fluttered closed halfway, and Jisung shoved that inner-voice away, leaning down. One heart... As their lips connected, the music faded, the people faded, until there was only them. He was sober, then, every possible sensation shooting through his body as Minho wrapped his arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

Forever.

Something changed in his heart, unlocked, as a flood of feelings rushed in, as if a dam he hadn't known existed finally broke. "This I swear to you," he breathed as they pulled away, and Minho leaned against him with a giddy smile.

The daze finally wore off, but Jisung did not let go; he didn't want to, not anymore. All he wanted was to keep him close. He closed his eyes, basking in the emotion that cloaked him, his heart. He knew those words were important; he couldn't put his finger on it but... He shook his head; what was important was the boy in his arms in that moment.

Nothing else.

~#~#~#~#~#~

Chan gritted his teeth. "So it is already starting." His eyes glowed in the candlelight within his throne room, and his fists clenched as tightly as they could. He slammed them down on his throne's arms; the stone and metal cracked, splintering like a cobweb along its side.

"Damn you, Kim Jinsun." His voice was a dark rasp against the pale light, and he took a deep breath, attempting to calm himself, but it did little to ease his rage.

He turned towards the sky, at the nearly full moon gleaming through the window. "I will not let you take him away from me again. Never again." He stood, storming down the dais towards the door.

"I am done playing games; I will have him, whether he comes willingly or not."

A/N: I'm really trying to make this story the least insta-lovey as I possibly can, but y'know with this type of story, it's a bit... harder than, say, Alone.  Thank you for 3k btw, boos!

Also I think this marks the end of Act I of the story, so uh... buckle your seatbelts, kids, shit's gonna go down (I'm just chuckling evilly on this side of the screen, I have so much planned)

Q: What are you interested in that most people aren't?

A: Sharks, writing... I mean, pretty much everyone I know irl hates reading so big yikes-

Lots of love,

~Junnie