Chapter Seventy-Nine

Minho was waiting for him in his room. Jisung paused in the doorway when he noticed the vampire sitting on his bed, staring out the window at the bright moon glimmering in the night sky. When the door closed softly behind him, he turned his attention away.

His gaze landed on Jisung, and it lingered there. Something about the look he gave Jisung was nerve-wracking. The werewolf shifted uncomfortably before slowly shuffling further into the room, taking a place beside the vampire on his bed. They were silent for a long while before Minho spoke, voice soft.

"You were... different tonight." Jisung's gaze lifted, almost shocked, and their eyes met. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion; what did Minho mean? How had he been different? "You were... harsher, crueller..." He shook his head before he returned his gaze out the window, though there was something conflicting in them now.

"All I know is that I didn't like it."

Jisung sat there, wordlessly for several minutes. It wasn't that he couldn't speak – it was more that he didn't know which words to use; every word he'd ever known seemed to have fled his mind, leaving his tongue dry and silent. After several long, excruciating moments, he sighed, shifting slightly in his seat.

"I... I understand what you mean," he whispered, eyes slowly sliding until they stared at the ground beneath him, barely illuminated by the light that filtered in through the window. "But, I need these wolves on my side, and the only way to do that is to act like my father." Jisung's lips thinned as he clutched his hands together in his lap.

He could feel Minho's eyes on him again, though he didn't look up, clenching his fists tighter. "But you're not your father," Minho said, his voice stronger than it had been moments before, and, to that, Jisung flinched. "You have your own qualities, your own flaws, and they'll all learn to love you in your own way." His frigid hand now rested on his shoulder, and Jisung looked up into his eyes, now, feeling more like a lost little puppy than anything else.

Minho's other hand came to cup his cheek, the touch so gentle, so comforting, Jisung could do nothing but melt into it. "You're enough. Those who deserve you will see that." A small smile curled the edges of his lips, and Jisung ached to kiss him. His cheeks flushed; not the time.

"Thanks, Minho." Almost as though in reaction to his own blush, the vampire's cheeks started to glow a rosy colour; it was amusing, he never would've imagined that vampires could flush like that. As he stared into his eyes, so deep and thoughtful Jisung didn't think he'd mind falling into them, it suddenly dawned on him how complicated their relationship was, how abnormal it was. His chest suddenly weighed heavy with sadness.

Minho, seemingly picking up on the sudden change in atmosphere, tilted his head, eyebrows furrowing. "What's wrong?" he questioned, his thumb sliding across Jisung's cheek reassuringly.

"I'm just realizing how... weird our relationship is," he mumbled, closing his eyes.

Minho chuckled. "It doesn't have to be." There was a smile in his voice, and that only seemed to enhance Jisung's ache. He bit his bottom lip as he raised his hand to cover the one resting against his face.

"I just... I wish I could've fallen in love with you properly," he muttered sadly, thinking of all the dreams he'd had as a child – dreams he'd never shared with anybody, of course – of falling in love with his Mate and how pure and beautiful it would be. What he'd gotten was the complete opposite of that; he and Minho had been thrown together, pulled by a love they themselves hadn't kindled – at least, that they didn't remember kindling.

"It's true that it's strange, but... if it weren't for our circumstances, would we ever have found each other?" Jisung's eyes opened as Minho continued to speak, his face so soft it was hard to believe he was a blood-sucking vampire. "And I don't know if what we have fits under the typical definition of love, and... I don't know about you, but I wouldn't rather be with anyone else."

Jisung grinned as he intertwined their other hands together. "You're right. I couldn't see myself with anyone else, either."

Minho raised their joint hands, his own grin dotting his lips. "Then let's define love for ourselves."

There was a moment of silence, where Jisung, barely managing to contain his grin, wheezed out: "That was cheesy."

If Minho hadn't been flushed before, he certainly was now. "Oh, shut up, I meant it." He turned his stare away, his blush extending down his neck.

"I know," Jisung said, his grin widening. "Then should we make things official?" His eyebrows wiggled suggestively, earning a snort from the dark-haired vampire, whose fangs flashed.

"You're such a dork."

"But you love it."

There was a moment of silence.

"Yes, I do."

A/N: Just a little fluff chapter to make you smile... Also, double update, because I need to make it up to you guys (I'm putting this book higher on my priority list than my novel, let's get this shit dONE)

Q: What's a HUGE trend/phenomenon you were super late on the gun to?

A: Harry Potter. It is now, at this moment in time, that I am actually reading Harry Potter for the first time. I always thought I wouldn't like it because it's for kids but I THINK NOT. It's so fun and light-hearted and un-serious -- it's just what I needed, because I've been at my lowest for a little while now (hence the... vanishing act I pulled last month).

Lots of love,

~Emilie