Chapter Eighty-Three

If there was a word powerful enough to describe the intensity – and immensity – of the rage Jisung felt, he didn't know what it was. It must have shown on his face, because, for a fleeting moment, the faces of those around him flickered, hesitant.

"What is the meaning of this?" The Forestwood Alpha repeated, his voice sterner now, more commanding. Jisung stood beneath his stare, knowing full-well his eyes were glowing, knowing they all expected him to cower; the Forestwood was perhaps the strongest pack in the Alliance.

He was going to remind them all why the Sun had always been strongest in generations previous.

"I do not answer to you," he hissed as he took a step forward, and then another, and another. "I hold the same authority as you," he continued as he rose higher. "And this is my pack. The way I run things is none of your concern, the decisions made on these grounds are mine to make." He was almost level with the Forestwood Alpha now, his lips curling into a snarl. "And if you ever so much as touch my Mate again I will not hesitate to rip your pitiful head from the rest of your body. Understood?"

A tense silence fell over the steps.

A certain firmness had returned to the Forestwood Alpha's face. "Your Mate?" he questioned, his voice teetering over the edge of lowering to a growl. Jisung stared up at him defiantly; he didn't doubt that he'd lose his Alliance with the Forestwood over this – perhaps the other three, as well. He didn't care.

"You've dared—Mate with one of those things?" Jisung took another step forward, the rage on his face diminishing until it was calm, cold.

"It's more complicated than you could ever hope to understand," he snarled, grabbing a fistful of fabric from his shirt, pulling them closer together; everyone around him gasped, though he noticed, with a dim sense of satisfaction, that some of his own pack regarded him differently than they previously had. "Besides," he said, his voice dropping to a low growl, "that thing has shown me more loyalty than the vast majority of wolves I know."

He released the Forestwood Alpha, turning his back on him. "If you insist on upholding prejudices and pushing your own authority over me, over my pack – you can leave. I don't want your help," he called over his shoulder as he rejoined Minho and Hyunjin.

A sound of anger sounded from behind him, and before he could react, he knew the Forestwood Alpha was charging towards him. Someone caught his fist, throwing him into a nearby wall so hard cracks slithered up around his body.

Jisung turned as the Forestwood Alpha regained his footing, staring up at them in shock, and fury. "Another one?" he hissed, glaring at Hyunsik's figure looming threateningly in front of Jisung. His eyes flashed red for the barest moment before he turned to Jisung, voice lowering.

"We have more important things to be doing, Jisung,' he said, eyes sliding over towards the Alpha that now stood, chest puffed out, eyes glowing a shade of dark gold. "I inquired about it – they threw Minho in that," he grimaced, "room, because they believed he'd attacked someone." He closed his eyes for a moment, lips thinning. "And that someone is Seungmin."

Jisung froze, the world around him seeming to stop spinning for a few moments before he snapped out of his temporary daze. "It was Felix." Minho's voice rang out behind them, and this time Jisung was overtaken with a shock even more powerful than the one that preceded it.

"What?" he whispered as he turned towards the vampire that, albeit shaken, slowly stood, his face even more ashen than it usually was; Jisung's eyes landed on the shallow burns and then the gruesome one on his hand and rage once again ignited in his chest. "Felix?" Minho winced and nodded, tears filling his eyes as they drifted towards the ground.

Jisung walked down towards him without a word and picked him up in his arms, beckoning Hyunjin and Hyunsik to follow behind them. The crowd that had gathered in the stairwell made way from them, and the Forestwood Alpha said something he couldn't quite hear nor understand over the thrumming of blood in his ears.

"I'm going to put you in the infirmary, alright?" Jisung said, much calmer than he truly felt. Minho shook his head as he clutched onto his bare back more tightly, burying his face in his chest. He was still shaking.

Jisung's grip around him tightened, and the longer he walked, closer to where Felix was, the more pain he felt, reverberating throughout his entire being with each and every single step he took. Felix... why? He wanted to know, so desperately, what had caused his best-friend to turn on him like that. To attack their friends.

Through the mind link, he was able to establish where Felix was. When they got close enough, he quietly pried Minho from his arms and handed him back over to Hyunjin, who stared at him uncertainly.

Jisung said nothing as he shoved open the doors. Standing in the far corner of the room, biting his nails and flanked by Changbin, was Felix. His eyes were red-rimmed and puffy, and he looked more anxious than the Alpha had ever known him to be.

He walked across the room, each of his steps seeming to shake the air around them as his wolves moved out of the way hurriedly, careful not to get in his way. Changbin's eyes were on him, eyebrows drawn in confusion, while Felix's eyes widened – however, instead of running, he stayed rooted to the spot, frozen like a deer caught in headlights.

When Jisung finally reached him, he grabbed him by the neck and smashed him into the wall. "Why?" he questioned, his entire body trembling, his eyes glowing golden. "WHY?" he roared, and Felix winced, whimpering as he shied away.

Changbin made to move towards them, but Jisung's gaze snapped towards him. "Don't move." He froze in his steps, wide eyes trained on the Alpha standing a few steps away from him. Jisung had always been resolute in never using his Alpha Command. Not unless he absolutely needed to.

"Why did you betray me, Felix?" he whispered, and he felt his strength waning, the pain on his best-friend's face poking a big, gaping hole in the anger that consumed him. Felix bit his lip, eyes desperate as tears slid down his cheeks.

"I– I'm sorry, Jisung," he whispered, biting his lip harder. "I couldn't— I don't—" He shook his head as his body shook with cries. The Alpha's grip on him weakened. Regardless, he couldn't prevent the hurt that spread through him at the sight of his best-friend crying. He clenched his other fist, swinging at the wall behind Felix's head, his fist going right through the wood.

He remained there, head bowed, body trembling, and then he abruptly let go, pulling his fist free from the wall and allowing Changbin to go free from the constraints he'd placed on him. "Take him to the dungeons." Hyunjin nodded, his jaw set, his eyes flaring with fire.

Jisung stood still until Felix was completely out of sight. With a shuddering breath and without another look at Changbin he walked right out of the common room he'd burst into. He gently grabbed Minho by his uninjured hand, and tugged him along towards the infirmary, Hyunsik shadowing them wordlessly.

He closed his eyes and exhaled shakily, pressing a palm to his forehead; he felt faint. It was getting harder and harder to walk, and his thoughts became so muddled there was only one thing bouncing along his brain.

Get Minho to the infirmary.

It was the only thing he could think about, and, at last, they made it. Seungmin laid on a bed in the far corner of the room, and Hyunsik's eyes snapped to the other side of the room – the side that was empty.

"Where's Jeongin?"

A/N: This was a bit anticlimactic but meh -(*^*)- 

I mayhaps wrote this two days ago but just kept forgetting to edit, oopsie daisy--

ALSO!!! I want y'all to know that I love you. And I also want you to tell me the types of stories you want to see from my account coming up. Pick your poison. Is it paranormal? Contemporary? Fantasy? Thriller? You name it, I'll try it ;) (pls, pls, plssss)

~Emilie