Chapter Twenty-Seven

PRESENT DAY

Felix, Minho and Changbin had decided to have a movie night, to make up for their erratic schedules – well, really, it was Felix's idea. Minho loved the movie they were watching – The Mummy –, he'd watched it countless times before and it never failed to entertain him, but... for some reason, he couldn't concentrate on it today.

His mind kept drifting off to the kiss as he picked at his popcorn, no matter how often he told himself it didn't matter; he felt as though he'd started something, but he didn't know what. There was just this horrible, twisting feeling in his gut.

He sighed and rubbed his face with his hand, scowling at the screen. Felix and Changbin giggled to one another as they whispered, and the brunet nearly rolled his eyes at their mushy-gushiness.

He was happy for them, though; before Changbin moved in, Felix looked absolutely miserable all the time, as though a part of him was missing. He grumbled a lot about the smell, for some reason Minho never did figure out.

There was a knock on the door, and all three boys looked up at it. "I'll get it, it's probably the pizza." Changbin's eyebrows furrowed and he looked after the boy.

~#~#~#~#~#~

Changbin had a bad feeling. "I can't smell anything, Lix." His Mate stopped and peered over his shoulder for but a moment before he shrugged.

"It's probably just a human, then." Changbin had never really noticed that there was a strange cancellation of smell around his apartment because more than half the time all he smelled was his Mate, but then, something in his gut told him not to open that door.

He bit his lip, sliding off the couch and walking towards the door behind his mate. His fists clenched subconsciously at his sides, and he eyed the door warily. He wanted to stop his Mate from reaching for the doorknob. But he didn't.

"Hello?" Felix said as he opened the door, and Changbin only needed one look at the man on the other side of the door to shout. Because it wasn't a man. A vampire. How come he couldn't smell it–

Felix was thrown aside, deeper into the room. He crashed into the coffee table, the glass shattering beneath him. Changbin rushed over to him, checking him over for any injuries before standing, facing the vampire standing in front of them. There was only one.

His fists curled and he growled, catching Minho by surprise as his eyes darted between him and the vampire. His eyes flashed dull gold; how dare he hurt his Mate. He wore the uniform of a royal soldier, and he clenched his jaw; what business did the Vampire King have with them?

Felix reached out and latched onto his wrist, pulling himself up, shrugging off the shower of glass clinging to his clothing. His eyes flashed, brighter than Changbin's, though not quite as much as Jisung's.

"We do not have to fight," the vampire said, his cold eyes taking in the three of them. Felix quirked an eyebrow with a mocking smile but he did not speak. "All you have to do is give us Lee Minho." His eyes slid passed the wolves to the human standing a little way away.

Felix growled, stance stabilizing; with a start, Minho's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. "Y-You're going to fight?" Changbin looked at him for a second before returning his attention to the vampire; all three supernaturals ignored the boy.

"Changbin," Felix said softly, drawing his Mate's attention. "Take Minho, and go to the pack. You know where it is, right?" His eyes widened and he shook his head.

"I'm not leaving you–"

"You have to." Felix's eyes never strayed away from the vampire, whose fangs flashed, poised to attack. "He's here for Minho, for whatever reason – we can't let them take him. And besides, I'm stronger than you. And he's stronger than me, it's obvious. He won't kill me - if anything he'll take me back to his king." Now his eyes moved to meet Changbin's, serious and uncompromising. "My pack will come for me – they won't for you."

He flinched, biting down on his lip. "DAMMIT!" He yelled, tears welling in his eyes as he whirled around, darting for Minho and grabbing him by the wrist, dragging him towards the balcony.

"I love you," Felix said through their bond.

"I love you, too." He did not let his tears fall.

~#~#~#~#~#~

Felix blinked away his own tears as he stared at the vampire, whose face contorted in anger as Changbin dragged Minho away. "This is your last chance, dog. Give him to me or suffer the consequences." His voice was a deep rumble in his chest, and Felix laughed, shaking his head.

"No can do, sorry." He smiled ruefully, tauntingly, and a muscle in the vampire's neck twitched. He could sense Changbin, almost at the balcony door; he didn't know what he wanted to do there, but he supposed it was their only option since the vampire blocked the way to the door.

He sent a quick prayer to the Moon Goddess that they would make it out safely, make it to the Sun pack safely – but, most importantly, that they would be safe once they got there.

He did not want to think about what they might possibly do with an illegitimate Mate of his, and a human aware of the Supernatural.

He clenched his fists, keeping his eyes trained on the vampire at all times, even when he desperately wanted to look over at his Mate one last time. It might possibly be the last time he'd ever see him for a long while – or ever. He swallowed thickly, eyes narrowed; for whatever reason they were after his friend, they wouldn't get him.

He wouldn't let them.

When the vampire lunged, Felix leapt to intercept him, Shifting mid-air with a howl.

~#~#~#~#~#~

Minho looked over his shoulder, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. His eyes widened when Felix turned into a large brown wolf as he jumped up towards the man. He's... a werewolf?

He looked back at Changbin, and pulled his wrist away, eyes wide. If Felix is a werewolf... and Jisung is a werewolf... Changbin's grip was surprisingly strong, and as they emerged onto the balcony, he slammed the door behind them, eyes scouring their surroundings.

"L-Let me go–" Minho was frightened, there was no denying it. "Why... why–"

"We don't have time for this," Changbin hissed, swallowing thickly. "Felix is risking his life for you, we can't let it be for nothing." His eyes were filled to the brim with agony, and he picked Minho up, slinging him onto his back as he shifted into a wolf.

It was smaller than Felix's, Minho realized, but it was frightening all the same. He clutched the dark fur, and Changbin backed away. By the time Minho realized what he was doing, they were already flying over the gap between their apartment complex and the roof of a small shop.

A/N: This chapter was actually supposed to happen like two chapters ago, but it didn't fit then XD 

Q: What show/drama are you watching rn (I need suggestionssss)?

A: Well rn I'm watching Abyss, which is lowkey like While You Were Sleeping and Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, and I'm loVING iTTTTtt

Lots of love,

~Junnie