Chapter Twenty-Nine

Jisung sat uncomfortably in a chair surrounded by Alpha Dongwook, the pack beta, Grand Wizard Moonsoo and Changbin. Everyone was silent for a moment before the alpha looked up, his eyes narrowed angrily on the other wolf; Changbin flinched under his gaze, averting his eyes.

"So, you're telling me a vampire came to take... Minho...?" Changbin nodded in answer to his question. "And Felix stayed back to fight and told you to bring him here." Again, he nodded. Dongwook sighed and massaged the bridge of his nose.

"You do understand that Mating without the pack's consent is akin to a crime," he said lowly, to which Changbin nodded, head drooping slightly. Jisung bit his lip; if they were put to blame for it, then they wouldn't be able to save Felix.

Jisung eyed the alpha warily, biting his lower lip. "It happened... a year and a half ago." He swallowed thickly, sucking in a deep breath.

"Felix and I met at university – we were in the same biology class. The attraction was... instant, really. Being the only two wolves in the vicinity, we were skeptical of one another at first, but after those first few moments of animosity we became friends. Close friends."

He looked incredibly uncomfortable, Jisung noticed as he stared at the man; he would be, too, he reasoned, if he were in that situation. He was talking about his Mating, after all. After a moment, he continued to speak.

"A party?" Changbin quirked a brow and Felix nodded excitedly.

The blond pouted. "Pleeeeeease, Changbinie." Changbin shrugged; he wasn't much of a party person, but he was willing to attend if it would put a smile on that beautiful face. It scared him, how quickly he'd fallen for the other – it had only been a handful of months since they'd first met each other. And it scared him that he was willing to sacrifice everything to be with him.

He shrugged. "Fine." Felix's face split in a dazzling grin, and he latched onto his arm, dragging him off. Changbin shook his head and allowed himself to be tugged across campus, towards Felix's apartment.

~#~#~#~#~#~

Changbin winced as the loud music pounded through his ears – werewolves were not designed to attend parties; he knew that much. However, it was almost like Felix didn't hear how loud it was, or smell the sweaty bodies jumping around the room, or making out in random corners, or taking shots.

His nose wrinkled slightly in disgust before his eyes locked in on Felix again; Felix, and his handsome outfit and his styled hair and his beautiful face. He chuckled with a shake of his head as they stopped in front of the liquor counter.

Felix turned to face him with a mischievous grin; those never meant anything good. "I bet you'll get drunk before me." Changbin quirked a challenging brow with a smirk.

He slung an arm over his shoulders. "Is that a challenge, Lee Felix?" The other only winked with a responding smirk, grabbing two red solo cups and topping them with whatever alcohol was laid on the counter to the brim.

He handed him one and clinked their glasses together. "It's on."

~#~#~#~#~#~

They stumbled into Felix's apartment – it was closer to the party than his own. They were tipsy – okay, perhaps a bit more than tipsy. With the amount of alcohol in their blood, a normal human would have been poisoned. Werewolves were extremely resilient to such types of things.

"That was fun," Felix said, a giggle interrupting the flow of his words. Changbin nodded in agreement, and they both collapsed on the sofa, catching their breaths. Felix looked up at him with a lazy grin. "I totally beat you."