Chapter Fifty-Four

Jisung knew he couldn't Shift – not yet; their entire plan revolved around the enchanted dagger he had in his pocket, and it would all be over if it was exposed prematurely. He knew he couldn't take Chan on one-on-one; he was the oldest being on the planet, after all.

He had to be smart about this.

His feet seemed to move of their own accord as he and Changbin circled one another. In a moment's notice, he'd Shifted, and Jisung tensed; he didn't want to believe that his friend was really willing to fight him like this.

Chan leaned back in his chair, a lazy smile flitting about his lips as he watched them, expression clearly delighted. Sick bastard. He'd never, ever let Minho get stuck with a horrible creature like that; he'd rather die. Though, he supposed, he might very well die if he didn't think of something quickly.

He caught Jeongin's eye from the corner of his own; the boy looked just about ready to jump between them and fight instead. He shook his head discretely, and it was at that moment that Changbin lunged.

His eyes were pained as he tackled him, and, really, Jisung did not blame him; he had a simple choice. His Mate, or his Alpha. He knew what he would've done, too. He crashed to the ground with an intensity he hadn't been expecting, and the wind whooshed out of his lungs faster than he could regain it.

His muscles tensed as he struggled to push the full weight of a wolf off of him, though he knew he never would have been able to do this before; his new form, whatever it was, had given him many advantages.

He finally managed to scramble away from where he'd previously been, but he could not help but notice how Changbin was reluctant to snap or bite him; the Vampire King seemed to notice it, too. "Tick tock, he won't last much longer." They were such provocative words, and Jisung felt his own anger boil up in his veins – but, almost strangely, he also felt Changbin's anger.

He knew it wasn't his own, and he distinctly knew that it came from him. He didn't know why or how, only that he did. As the wolf turned towards him once more, the fire in his blood turned to ice; he felt Changbin's resolve, the reluctant decision he'd finally made.

He distantly heard Minho calling out to him from where he stood behind them, but he did not let his attention waver. Changbin kicked into action, but Jisung was ready for him, this time. He didn't allow himself to be tackled, instead shoving his hand into the wolf's side.

Changbin whimpered and landed again, neck lowered to the ground as he stared up at his Alpha. Jisung hadn't put enough force to severely hurt him, only keep him at bay; his eyes darted towards the Vampire King, and he calculated how far he'd have to jump and how quickly to reach him all while dodging Changbin.

It seemed almost impossible, but he had to get him before Felix died; they were wasting time fighting amongst themselves like this.

His eyes narrowed on the King's form, who seemed completely oblivious as to what Jisung was planning; that, or he had full confidence that he'd never be able to reach the throne. His jaw clenched. There was something so infuriating about that; he didn't know where this sudden rage came from, either, but it overwhelmed his senses until it was all he could feel.

He jumped out of the way, rolling until he was on his feet again, between both Changbin and Chan. His eyes flashed as he leapt towards the Vampire King who watched him with an amused gaze.

He gasped as a figure crashed into him mid-air, inches away from the King.

His head slammed into the bottom step of the dais and he rolled away, his ears ringing, head aching; it must have been an incredibly hard fall for his werewolf skull to feel such an impact. He groaned, shifting onto his back as he attempted to sit up. Slowly, he did so, only to be slammed back into the ground.

He stared up into glowing golden eyes, eyes that spoke louder than words. Changbin's strength wavered, and Jisung stopped resisting, eyes flashing golden in a symbol of trust. A sudden burst of hope formed in his chest as he and Changbin communicated through their bond as packmates. The pain was almost entirely gone now as Changbin snapped at him, forcing him to dodge.

He shoved him off, and almost immediately after the wolf charged towards him. He ran to meet him, and both jumped at once. Jisung hoped his calculations had been precise; if he jumped too high or too low it would all be over; this was his one, singular chance.

His feet connected with Changbin's back, and he sprang up, sending the wolf crashing to the ground, but he was quickly up again, watching with anxious eyes. Jisung's hand slid into his pocket and he quickly pulled out the dagger.

Chan blinked at him, eyes widening as the wolf fell upon him, driving the dagger through his heart.

He spluttered for a few seconds, eyes flitting over his shoulder to Changbin who stood defensively in front of his Mate, eyes blazing in determination. His features curled in disgust, and with the wave of his arm Jisung was sent flying across the room, slamming into a nearby wall; the stone crumbled with the force.

Chan stood from his throne, wrenching the blade out of his own chest as he let it clamber to the ground, dark blood still coating it. Jisung slowly pushed himself up from off the ground, face pale as he stared at the easily discarded blade.

"For a wizard, he'd always been surprisingly dense." Chan chuckled, though there was no humour behind it. "That blade was designed to butcher my enemies, and my enemies alone. It says as much on the Runes engraved on it." He shook his head, crouching down in front of the werewolf. "But then again, you'd always been surprisingly trusting for a leader, always trusting all the wrong people."

He whistled, and several figures stepped out from the shadows. Five white wolves; he recognized each of them. Jeongin was quick to Shift, huddling close to Minho, green eyes flashing. "I'm going to enjoy destroying you for all that you've done, so, so much. Last time I was too desperate to get you, but now..." His lips spread into a wide, almost manic grin. "Now I have you in the palm of my hand."

He reached into his intricate jacket, pulling out a long, curved blade that glinted in the dim light of the throne room. Jisung knew what it was without even having to touch it – it was silver, so clearly silver. "I want to see," Chan began, and without a single warning or falter in his movements, he drove it into the wolf's leg, "if silver still has as little effect on you as it once had."

Pain exploded, crawling up his leg until the whole thing felt like it was on fire and his breaths were coming up in short, ragged gasps as he fought against it. The pain was almost worse when the blade was removed.

Everyone waited, and he could feel the fear and anger from his friends as if it were a tangible thing he could reach out and take. His eyes widened when the pain disappeared; just like that. He hesitantly looked down at his leg, and the wound had healed.

That wasn't possible – silver was the only thing that blocked a werewolf's innate ability to heal.

Chan sighed and shook his head, rising to his feet again, clicking his tongue. "How inconvenient." He turned towards the white wolves – Sangchul was nowhere in sight. "Kill them. Except the human." He smiled threateningly at them, and magic exploded.

Five trained hybrids. It was insane – it was chaos. They'd never be able to hold them all off – not when he had to fight the Vampire King, too. He Shifted; there was no use remaining in human form any longer, and he would not leave himself so vulnerable now that he could help it, and they were done communicating, that much was obvious.

Chan knelt down and retrieved his enchanted blade, turning towards Jisung with a wicked grin.

Just then, the doors behind them flew open.

A/N: Thoughts?

Q: What's your favourite time of day?

A: Honestly, 6AM - 7AM; it's my writing time before school, and it relaxes me so much it's insane. Not to mention, it's really aesthetic as I drink my coffee with the birds chirping out side, god I love it XD

Lots of love,

~Junnie

P.S: Sorry I haven't updated, boos, the last two days were charged af, and I had to rewrite this chapter like three times, I wasn't satisfied at all with it u g h