Chapter Thirty

Jisung let out the breath he was holding in one whoosh, and Changbin's eyes cracked open; the arrow, landed no more than a hair's breath away from the top of his head, hung forebodingly above him. He stumbled away, running his hands down his face as he exhaled shakily.

"The Moon Goddess has spoken." Dongwook's eyes were normal again as they settled on Changbin. "Seo Changbin, as the Mate of Lee Felix, brother of the Sun and child of the Moon, I give you this chance to call upon the Goddess' judgement, and prove it true. Will you join us, in our fight against darkness, and in our life of hunting?"

Chanbgin bowed his head. "Yes, Alpha."

Dongwook nodded and turned to face him. "Then I now name you Seo Changbin, brother of the Sun, child of the Moon." He reached out and planted his hand on his forehead, and Changbin's eyes flashed as they widened.

Jisung felt a new addition to the pack, another signature becoming familiar to his nose almost immediately. When Dongwook pulled his hand away, Changbin knelt, breathing deeply.

"Jisung, show him to one of the spare rooms in the packhouse."

Jisung smiled slightly. "I'll show him to Felix's room if that's alright, Alpha." With a snort the man waved him off and walked away, Grand Wizard Moonsoo and his Beta following close behind him.

Changbin remained where he was, kneeling in the dirt, chest heaving. The other wolf sat down next to him and looked up at the starry night sky. "I've never been happier that I'm so short in my life." Jisung burst out laughing, and soon Changbin joined along with him.

After a few moments, they settled. "Do you... do you think he's alright?" Jisung fell silent and looked up at the sky again, this time with sad frown.

"I'm sure he is. Felix is one tough asshole." If anyone could deal with being kept in vampire captivity, it was him. There was a reason he'd been sent away from the pack for recon.

The dark haired wolf bit his lip, squeezing his eyes shut. "I haven't heard him through the bond since I left." Jisung's eyes flitted towards the ground, and he placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, Changbin. They won't kill him, at least not yet." And he really, really hoped that he still had an ally among the vampires. Hyunsik, he thought, biting his lip. I don't know how I'll ever repay you if you keep him safe.

~#~#~#~#~#~

The cells were cold; really, it was a bit rude, he found. Although vampires were rather... used to the cold, he still hated the frozen dampness that surrounded him; it reminded him of things he wished to forget more than anything. He leaned against the wall, eyes drooping slightly.

It had been a while since they'd last fed him.

Chan wouldn't let him die, he knew that much; maybe starve him to get him to change his mind, or at least starve him enough to keep him weak, unable to break out or resist. They should know by now that it would take much more than that to weaken him.

However... he had to stay here. If what Jeongin Saw was true, then... He chuckled softly to himself; what a special creature Jeongin was. He hoped Jisung was taking care of him.

A ruckus coming from the stairwell leading down into the dungeons deep below the palace grounds caught his attention. His eyes narrowed as a handful of royal soldiers came in, lugging a struggling figure, despite the blood dripping down his face.

They threw him into the cell next to him, the one lined with silver. A werewolf, then. He sat up quickly and glared at the vampires, teeth bared in a silent snarl. Definitely a werewolf.