Chapter Thirty-Five

Jisung's eyes opened slowly, though it felt as though his body was tied to a boulder, dragging him down, down, down. A groan pushed passed his lips; he hadn't felt this awful since he'd first Shifted. His eyes widened and he quickly sat up, ignoring the nausea that twisted his stomach.

He sucked in a deep breath and shook his head; memories he did not want flooded his consciousness, and he squeezed his eyes shut, shaking his head. No.

The door creaked open and he sat up, whirling towards it. Minho stood in the doorway, hand still on the knob, eyes wide as they locked with him. After a few moments, he tore his eyes away, stepping into the room and closing the door gently behind him.

He stood awkwardly, Jisung realized, shifting his weight from one foot to the other, though he did not move further into the room. Jisung's fist curled in the sheets; he was afraid of him now, wasn't he?

"It's... it's not true, is it?" His voice sounded more broken than he'd intended. Minho looked up, eyes widening, biting down on his bottom lip as he looked at the floor again. He nodded reluctantly.

Jisung shook his head. "No, it... it can't be." He shook his head again. There was no way Dongwook was gone, just like that. It was impossible, and yet he still felt the weight of being Alpha pressing on his mind; he could hear things he had not before, understand things he had not before. He could command things he could not before.

Minho shuffled across the room and took a seat on the bed next to him. "I'm... I'm sorry, Jisung." His words were choked, and Jisung flinched when he noticed the tears glistening in the human's eyes.

He felt tears well up in his own at the sight.

He took a deep breath and shook his head, forcing the tears away. He cleared his throat and stood shakily, leaning on the bed to rise up. Despite the pain searing through his limbs, he limped towards the door, progress just as slow as a turtle's.

Minho looked up and stood with him, following him. "I know what you're planning on doing, who you're going to see. You... you shouldn't right now." Jisung shook his head and continued his painstaking journey towards the door. Minho grabbed onto his wrist and he flinched as his muscles rippled and ached in response.

Minho did not let go. He merely shook his head, hand clutching his wrist tighter. He didn't understand; Jisung needed to go – he needed to see that traitor's face and make him pay for what he'd done.

That was the only way he'd ever be able to avenge Dongwook.

A lump formed in his throat, but no matter how often he tried to clear it, it still remained. Dongwook's lifeless eyes flashed through his mind's eye, and a choked sound escaped him. His legs quivered beneath his weight and he slowly crouched down, burying his face between his legs as tears he tried to muffle trekked down his cheeks.

Minho had let go of his wrist, only to kneel down behind him and place a comforting hand on his back. "I-It's okay to cry, Jisung." His shoulders trembled as he pressed a hand to his mouth to stifle the sob that risked escaping him.

He can't be dead... he can't be.

~#~#~#~#~#~

He wasn't sure how long he stayed there, but Minho didn't move, either. He was grateful; he didn't know what he'd have done had the other not been in the room, grounding him. His tears had stopped falling, leaving him with an unsettling emptiness in his chest, numbness spreading through his entire body.

He no longer felt the pain of his new Shifting.

He shakily raised his head, eyes red, puffy and bloodshot, tearstains on his cheeks. He was so tired. He stood slowly, legs trembling and Minho looked up at him, rising with him. He stumbled over to his bed and collapsed, body pulled by that inevitable boulder again.

"I'll get you some food." Minho smiled softly and pulled the blanket over to cover him. He pulled back and headed towards the door; Jisung could only watch, and as soon as the door closed behind him, he turned to stare up at the ceiling.

I can't do this without you, Dad.

~#~#~#~#~#~

Minho speed-walked down the hall. He peered around, and as soon as he thought he was far enough from Jisung's room, he leaned against the wall, exhaling heavily, running a hand down his face as he sniffled.

Pain gathered in his heart, though he knew it was not his own. Whatever this Mating Bond – or so Grand Wizard Moonsoo called it – was, it had overwhelmed him with a flurry of emotions the moment Jisung had turned into that big wolf, attacking his vulnerable heart and gnawing at it.

He shook his head again. Right now, he needed to look past that, and the fact that Jisung turning into that wolf was not supposed to happen. He pushed away his confusion and his doubt and his fear because Jisung was in pain, he felt it in his own heart, an incessant ache, and more than anything he, strangely, could not bear to see him in such agony.

With one last deep breath, he pushed himself off the wall and hurried down the hall, towards where Hyunjin had told him the kitchen was.

A/N: I wasn't going to post this chapter because I was out downtown with my friends and it's pretty late (for me anyway), and I wanted to give y'all some content because I didn't have time to edit yesterday, s o here we are

Q: What type of Youtuber would you be?

(I took this Buzzfeed quiz: What King of Youtuber Would You Be?)

A: Apparently, according to Buzzfeed I'd be a beauty youtuber? Like? What?? Bro I suck at hair and makeup things--

Lots of love,

~Junnie