Chapter Eleven

Minho sighed, scratching the back of his neck as he stared up at the ceiling. He was so inexplicably bored right then that he almost wished he was working. Now that was definitely saying something.

Maybe I should go out. He grimaced; he didn't have anyone to hang out with, now that Felix and Changbin had gone off together God-knows-where. And they'd left him; typical.

He sat up, eyebrows furrowing in confusion when something crinkled in his back pocket. He reached for it, drawing out a crumpled piece of paper. Slowly, he unfolded it, eyes quickly scanning over the text.

Call me

***-***-****

-Chan

His eyebrows shot up; he'd barely even registered taking the napkin Chan had dropped. Had it already been a week since then? He stared hard at the paper for a few moments, gnawing on his bottom lip. Should he call him?

As soon as the thought crossed his mind, a white, dull pain shot through him. He shuddered, tearing his eyes away from the paper. He shook his head and quickly stood. He turned to leave his room, before peering over at the napkin.

He shrugged, and punched the number into a new contact. Just in case he lost the paper or changed his mind. Tucking his phone back into his pocket, he snatched his baseball cap from the hook hanging from his bedroom door. He could just hang out by himself, walk around. Yeah, that worked.

What he didn't expect to see when he opened his apartment door, however, was Jisung, crouched in the middle of the hallway, talking to himself. He quirked an eyebrow, a strange look overtaking his face. "...Jisung?"

The boy jumped up, wiping his hands on his pants, a nervous expression flitting through his face. "Oh, uh... um, hey, Minho," he said, lips tilting in an awkward smile. His eyes drifted to the left for a moment before snapping back to focus on Minho.

"What are you doing?" he asked as he took a few steps forward until he came to stand directly in front of the brunet.

Jisung rubbed the nape of his neck, eyes squinting slightly with his smile. Cute. Minho blinked, startled by his own thoughts. "Is Felix home?" he asked, and the other boy shook his head.

"No, he left a little while ago." Jisung nodded slowly, shrugging.

"Oh, well, then. I guess I'll see you around." He turned on his heels quickly, and Minho looked down at the carpet beneath his feet before he stared at the back of the brunet's head.

"Hey, wait up!" He jogged to catch up to the boy, who stopped to stare at him confusedly. "I was gonna go out and walk around, and I was gonna go alone, but if you wanna join me...?" Jisung met his eyes, and Minho swallowed thickly; those brown eyes seemed so deep, like an endless ocean he'd gladly drown in.

He snapped out of his reverie, cheeks painted red. He averted his eyes, and Jisung grinned at him, the awkwardness leeching out of his smile. "Sure, I'd like that." Minho looked up to meet his eyes, and his heart pounded against his ribcage. The smile that curled his lips was almost automatic; he hardly even had any control over it.

"Let's go then?" Jisung nodded, and they set off down the hall.

~#~#~#~#~#~

Jisung peered over his shoulder at Seungmin, who still stood next to the wall, smirking suggestively at him. "I'll figure it out," he mouthed, and the wolf nodded almost imperceptivity. He'd hardly even realized that the wizard had cast an invisibility spell on himself the moment the door had opened.