Chapter Twenty-Eight

Jisung and Seungmin hovered over a dusty, old book in the library, the solitary lamp lighting their way in the dark night that had fallen, but they were no closer to figuring out what was going on. Seungmin sighed, frustrated, tugging at his red hair; Jisung was faring no better.

"Why is this so complicated," he mumbled under his breath and dug the palms of his hands into his eyes, groaning. He felt as though they would never solve this puzzle; there were too many pieces missing. But the question was, how many?

"Jisung!" Hyunjin's voice passing through their link startled him and he jumped, head snapping up. Seungmin eyed him oddly but continued to work. "Your... your human friend is here, and... the other wolf, but..." He cleared his throat. "Just come to the border – now."

"I'll be right back," he said and Seungmin nodded absently as his eyebrows furrowed, fully immersed in the book. The wolf's heart hammered in his chest as he stood and ran out of the library and down the numerous halls that led outside.

Why is Minho here...? Fear seized his throat, but he shook it off, pushing his limbs faster and faster, towards where Hyunjin was. Many of the other wolves were also heading towards him – some were already there. Dammit!

By the time he reached the border, a large group of wolves, most of them Shifted circled something. Or, rather, someone. He knew without a doubt who it was, though he did not want to believe it. "Jisung!" Hyunjin shouted, waving him over frantically.

Jisung did not bother waiting to speak with him, instead opting to push through the crowd as quickly as he could; they easily let him pass, warning him of potential danger, to wait for the alpha to come; he would not.

Changbin stood in front of Minho, dull golden eyes darting around them, flashing in warning. Minho, pale-faced and wide-eyed, looked absolutely terrified, tears glistening in his eyes; he did not know why, but he wanted to destroy whoever made him cry.

He broke free from the crowd, practically running towards them. Their eyes all shifted towards him, and he slipped his shirt off quickly, passing it to Changbin so he could at least cover something. He wrapped it around his waist hastily, and that's when Jisung finally picked up on the smell.

Changbin... smelled a lot like Felix, but different. As he looked closer, he saw the mark on his neck, hard to see in the darkness of night, and his eyes widened. Mates?

He shook his head; that was impossible. Felix would never... He closed his eyes and breathed deeply. If they were in trouble before, they were certainly in trouble now.

Minho's cheeks were slightly flushed as he met Jisung's eyes, though his tears were mostly gone, now. Relief flooded the werewolf like a flood, and he took the last remaining steps to reach Minho, grabbing him by the shoulders. "Are you hurt?" he asked softly, to which the other shook his head.

He sighed, and nodded, leaning back slightly, now turning to Changbin. "We'll talk about that," he pointed to the mark on his neck, "later." They had more pressing things to worry about, like the fact that Alpha Dongwook had just reached them, barreling through the crowd.

His eyes were bright gold, glowing in the moonlight, and Minho gasped from behind him. He stepped a little closer, almost as if trying to block him from view.

"A human," Dongwook growled, and another one of his packmates came up to stand beside him, looking at him in question.

"It's obvious he knows about us. Should we..." his voice lowered, "kill him?" It had been a long while since the Sun pack had dealt with a human aware of the Supernatural, and even Jisung admitted that he himself didn't know what used to be done.

His eyes shone brighter than they ever had and a growl ripped its way out from his throat. "If you touch him, I'll kill you." He was surprised by the severity in his own voice, and those who weren't yet Shifted gasped in both shock and outrage.

Dongwook himself looked astonished, but his eyes soon narrowed, glowing brighter. "Jisung, what has gotten into you, threatening a packmate?" In any other situation, the boy would have gulped, but he was not afraid, then. He did not answer, backing away so Minho was completely behind him now.

His vibrant eyes darted about the wolves gathered, which was now almost the entirety of the pack, daring anyone to step forward and attempt to hurt the boy behind him.

Alpha Dongwook took a step forward, and Jisung's eyes darted towards him. "Jisung, step away from the human." It had been a long time since he'd used his alpha command on him, and he flinched, but almost strangely he truly did not feel compelled to obey.

"No." Gasps rang out, and Dongwook's eyes widened.

"Jisung."

His eyes were brighter than even Dongwook's eyes now, almost glaringly bright in the twilight sky. "No." There was a growl to his voice now, and gasps rang out again. Even Changbin's eyes were wide with shock.

Dongwook growled, but before anything could be done, someone else pushed through the crowd. "Now, now, let's not be too rash." Jisung slowly turned to look at Grand Wizard Moonsoo who stepped away from the pack of wolves, towards them.

"No need to worry, child. I will not hurt him." His muscles relaxed slightly, though he still eyed the wolves warily, eyes dimming now. He turned to Dongwook with a patient, wise smile. "Don't be too hard on him, Alpha Dongwook. You can't blame him, really, you just threatened his Mate."

Jisung's eyes widened in time with Dongwook's, and to that Minho's eyebrows furrowed. Before any word could be said, Moonsoo continued. "Yes, yes. Though, that is not his fault, either. If I wasn't certain before, I am now." He stepped forward, and gently tugged Minho away from behind the wolf, observing his face.

Suddenly, he smiled. "This is Kim Jinsun, and Park Myungsoo; I'm sure of it." He turned Minho's face in his gnarled hand and nodded. "Yes; I would recognize this face anywhere, even if it's been nearly two hundred years." His smile broadened.

"What...?" Minho mumbled, eyebrows furrowing. Park Myungsoo? Why did the name sound so... familiar?

"We all know who Kim Jinsun is, but who is Park Myungsoo?" Dongwook suddenly asked, face a bit calmer than it had been moments before.

"Park Myungsoo was the Vampire King's betrothed, back before the war began. Really, it began because of him." He pointed towards Minho with a fond smile. "Myungsoo did not love the King; no, far from it. He found his heart filled by the strongest Werewolf Lord to have ever lived."

His smile turned sad. "Their love was as doomed as it was forbidden. They both died by the King's hand because of it. But I suppose the Moon Goddess was not done with them, yet. For whatever reason, they were reborn, perhaps when they were needed most. Their bond seems to have travelled through time with them," he hummed, and silence was the only thing to be heard from every wolf gathered.

Minho blinked, and Jisung met his eyes. Before anything else could be, his eyes rolled back and he fainted. "Minho!" 

A/N: Yeahhh editing my novel turned into rewriting my novel, and my mind is just a big phat sefwefasdbawldfaslfhafgasdfhawefsdvagsdg right now >~<

Also this story is already more than half of Alone's length, yIKES (we at 35,000 words, can you believe it--)

Q: What habit do you have now that you wish you started much earlier?

A: Having a strict sleeping schedule. Like, I'm not kidding I get a full eight hours of sleep every night (or almost), and I go to bed at ten, wake up at six (technically I could go to bed at eleven and wake up at seven if I wanted to but,). I feel so much more productive than I used to, and I never really feel tired anymore =)

Lots of love,

~Junnie