Chapter Ninety

WARNING! (vague) mention of non-con in this chapter, I'll put

a beginning and end note for those of you who would
rather scroll through that section <3

1855

Myungsoo was dragged along by Chan, powerless to resist, afraid down to his very core. Whatever he'd seen in those dungeons, it had never been intended for him to see. His mind whirled with every possibility; they were obviously the werewolf children Jinsun had claimed died. One thing he couldn't understand was how they'd buried them when they were very clearly alive.

His eyes widened as he thought of the robed man; could it be... was he a wizard? It was possible, wasn't it? A strong witch would be able to produce corporeal clones and leave them where they would obviously be found, successfully tricking even the Werewolf Lord that these children had died.

His heart suddenly ached; how long had those children been in those dungeons, hoping, waiting for someone to come save them, unknowing of the fact that everyone they loved thought they were dead? A newfound hatred – and absolute terror – formed in his chest as he stared at his future-Mate.

The man he'd be Mated to in only a few hours. Anxiety rose up in his chest, fast and aggressive, bubbling up in the swell of his chest. He had to find Jinsun, he had to warn him, because whatever Chan was planning to do with those werewolf children, he'd gone to painstaking lengths to conceal it.

He suddenly thought of the bite marks on the children's necks – his eyes widened as he stiffened, realization slowly dawning on him with a wave of crushing dread. No. There's no way. He'd heard rumours of vampire-werewolf hybrids, but that experiment had gone sideways, only a few had survived. Most of those that survived killed themselves soon afterwards, anyways.

Don't tell me... Had Chan really found a way to make himself an army of them? Then, the children... If he'd had a pulse, it would have frozen right at that moment. "I know what you're thinking, my love." Chills broke out on his skin at the name, disgust writhing in his chest, now. "You shouldn't look at me like I'm a monster." Chan frowned, something dangerous twinkling in his eyes.

Myungsoo's chest constricted in fear. "They're children, how... how could you–" He cut himself off, shaking his head, balling his hands into fists, hating where Chan touched him. It made him feel tainted, dirty. He was guilty by association of the horrors going on down there – especially if he didn't warn Jinsun of what was happening.

He looked up at the sky, the sun glimmering brightly in the sky, irritating his pale flesh. He was dragged into what he assumed was Chan's bed chambers, because he didn't recognize the room at all.

"You'll wait here and be good, won't you?" His smile was dangerous, and Myungsoo could only stare at him, mouth dry, still panicking. "I'll know if you leave." He reached forward and caressed his face, as though he truly did love him -- but Myungsoo could only see the obsessive gleam in his eyes, and it took the strength of every fibre of his being not to flinch away.

"I want you to know, my love," he said, as he continued to caress his face, running his thumb along his lips, eliciting unpleasant shivers, "that I only use children because they're much easier to transform than adults, it brings me no joy to torture them this way." His eyes were sympathetic, and it was so twisted Myungsoo's lips almost curled back in disgust.

He didn't have to do anything like this – he was brokering peace with the werewolves. He froze. Unless... unless he wasn't, and his previous suspicions – the suspicions that had plagued his every thought, haunted his every move – were correct. There could only be one reason he was stealing werewolf children and transforming them into vampires – slowly, by the looks of it – Chan was planning to attack the werewolves.