"I can walk!"

With everyone in the admin building, it was time to set some rules. "Ok everyone, we need to set some rules" Clem Said. Everyone then turned their attention to her. "Ok first things first, if you new people are going to stay, you'll have to do some work. You'll be helping us get food, prepare for winter, etc." She Said. All the new people nodded. It seemed fair. "Ok next rule, if one of you is a hassle, and keeps auguring with us, well kick you guys out." Clem Said. Gabe and Javi looked shocked, but they understood, even if they new Clem she won't hesitate to kick them out. "Ok last rule, you will stay here until winter is over, once it is you have to leave and make a new settlement somewhere else. Does everyone understand?" Clem asked. They nodded."Now does everyone have any questions?" Clem asked. Jake raised his hand. "Let's say we are helpful here, will we be able to stay for good?" Jake Asked. Clem paused for a moment. "Perhaps" Is all she said. No more questions were asked. "Alright so today I'm assigning assignments." Clem Said. "Jake, Aasim, and Cory will be heading out to the woods to find as much food as possible ." Clem Said. All the three boys nodded. "Then I want Ruby, Victoria, and Cora to go work on the greenhouse and see if there are any food we can harvest before winter hits." She Said. "Then I would like Louis, Gabe, and Javi to go down by the stream to see if there are any fish left." Clem Said. Both Louis and Gabe sighed, you could tell they didn't want to be together. "Now then Willy, AJ and Omar, can you help bring the benches inside so we can eat inside?" Clem asked. They nodded and headed outside. "Now Me, Matt and James will help board the walls to keep the cold out." She Said. Then turned to violet. "Vi can you get all the blankets or anything for covers so we could use to sleep?" She asked. Violet sighed and headed towards the closets. "Now everyone let's get to work!" She Said. Everyone then headed out to do their task. I don't know how on earth I'll help board up the windows but I want to try. Just then Willy and AJ went up to Clem, they looked like they had a long leg but made of metal. "Here you go Clem." Willy Said. She took the long thing in hand. "What's this?" She asked. "IT'S A LEG!" AJ yelled excitedly. Clem gasped. "It's-its- it's for me?" Clem asked. She could barely get out the words. "Well who else has a missing leg Clem?" AJ Asked. "Sorry I took to long, I needed the right materials. But let's try it on" Willy Said. So they sat her down and put the leg on her. There was a strapped that held the metal leg to her remaining leg. She got up and stubbled a little, But was so happy. I could finally be myself again! Clem thought. She then slowly but steady hugged the boys. "Thank you so much!" Clem Said. "Your welcome Clem." They both Said. Clem spent 2 hours trying to walk again. At first it was a little hard, but then she got it. She was able to help with the boards without her crutches. She showed everyone that was at the school about her new leg, telling them that's Willy and AJ were to thank. When she got to violet, violet smiled then let a frown. "What is it?" Clem asked. "Do I look weird?" She asked again. "No I'm sorry, it's stupid and selfish." Violet Said. "You can tell me, I won't judge, trust me I've been selfish myself." Clem Said. She remembered when she first met Javi how hard to was on him, because she thought he was like everyone else, but could you blame her? "Well I'm happy for you but I can't help the feeling that I'll be blind forever, because there is no cure." Violet Said. "Oh vi I'm sorry, being blin- being not able to see must be hard." Clem Said. She quickly changed the word "blind" to something else. She didn't want to upset Violet. "You can say blind Clementine, it's not a bad word." Violet Said. "Well even if it was, we would be using that word every day." Clem Said. Violet chuckled besides her. "And I'm sorry for putting you on blanket duty, I just didn't think you be able to see" Clem Said, getting all out. There was a pause . "Huh you said Duty!" Violet said, laughing right along with Clem laughing as well. Before they could say anymore words they heard Willy yell. "Guys all the boys are back!" They both nodded at each other and got up and went to the gates. Clem was walking like a normal person again. She couldn't wait to show Louis her leg. When she saw him she gasped. She noticed he has a bruise on his cheek. And Louis gasped because he saw his leg . They both ran up to each and said in sync "What happened to you?" They asked each other. They both then laughed. "Ok me first, where did you get that leg?" Louis Asked. "Willy and AJ got me a new leg!" Clem Said excitingly. "Babe that's amazing!" Louis said while hugging her. Clem then noticed Gabe, but she saw him with a bloody nose talking to Javi. She then noticed that Aasim Jake and Cory were all laughing and having a great time. And the same with the other girls. So why weren't Gabe and Louis having a good time? It was her turn to ask questions. "Ok what happened to YOU and Gabe" She Said. Louis sighed. "Let me start from the beginning. He said.