Chapter Four

once inside the armory I walk towards the table at the center of the room which usually has our assignments, unless their special like last nights. And as expected, there is a sheet of paper with all our names across it and our assignments next to our names. I just cross my fingers, hoping it isn't something too awful, maybe I have to assassinate someone who's actually evil...like Arcus whom takes orphans off the streets when he's short on assassins, and then molds them into perfect little weapon, like how he did to me.

I shake my head free of those thoughts, I need to stop this pity party, because although I may not enjoy this life it's the one that was dealt my way. I look down at the paper and when I read what my assignment is I scoff, although I'm very relieved, my ego is slightly offended.

"Go into the market, buy the usual."
this means we are out of food, and the " usual" means the men want doughnuts and other fresh pastries from the bakery.

I need money though? Why didn't Arcus give it to me? Does he expect me to steal all the food! It's not that I haven't stolen, and compared to killing my conscience doesn't even blink at stealing. It's the fact that I know we have more than enough money for this expense so if he's making me steal, he wants to punish me for something.

It's always punishments with him, always a new game with Arcus.

I walk to my dresser in the armory and get my cloak--I put everything back after that incident with Lucien.

I walk out the armory and head towards the front doors, I just want this done and over with then maybe I'll have some free time. I'm outside and on my way to saddle up Amir when Felix comes out of the stables leading Gypsy—his mare—along with Amir, they're are both saddled.

  “Oh good! you're out, I was just about to head inside and fetch your lazy ass,” Felix says jovially, running a hand through his golden locks absentmindedly.

I scoff  “Who said you could grab my horse? Did I give you permission” I cross my arms and glare at him.

"No bu–" I don't let him finish.

"There's no "buts" about it! This is the last time I warn you Felix: Don't. Touch. My. Horse ” and with those words I stride over to him, and snatch Amir's reins from his hand.

  “ Gosh, didn't realize it was that time of month again" Felix says with a dramatic eye roll and a lazy smirk on his infuriatingly perfect face. I gape at him— because first of all— how the hell did he guess right!?! And secondly, it's just plain embarrassing! but I realize with tremendous annoyance he's still talking.

  “Do you get it more then once a month? Because your moody all the freaking time," Felix emphasises the last part by saying it with a whine, laughing when he sees my gape turn into a scowl.

I'd lung at him if I saw myself winning, but like I said, he's the best. I'll have to figure something else out

" Whatever, I don't have time to deal with your dumb ass" I mount Amir and without waiting for a reply, I gently push my heels into Amir's sides and he immediately starts walking.

  "Not so fast little Dasha, you most certainly have to deal with this “dumb ass” all day, seeing as I was assigned to accompany you into the market” Felix says suddenly from right beside me, he's on Gypsy now as well, and giving me his signature lopsided grin.

“ You what!!” I shriek, making Amir and Gypsy startle slightly.

He sighs “ He hasn't told you yet has he?” his relaxed deamor suddenly gone. “ Who hasn't told me what?” I ask suspiciously, I'm almost certain it's Arcus...