BK2-🍁Chapter Four🍁

Hours later I found myself in my room, I had been moved from the tower room and this new one gave me a perfect view to the back palace gardens. I felt so numb, after General Brayden had reduced me to a cowering pathetic little child my other guards had finally managed to get him to stop. Brayden had stormed off in such a fury at being stopped from tormenting me, the guards had been nice enough though.

Now I was alone with my thoughts, thoughts which were so loud I could scarcely breathe, but I manged.

I always had

My thoughts however, vanished from existence when the sound of loud knocking was heard, I simply absent mindedly glanced at the door with no actual intention of opening it.

Whoever it was though, continued to knock, till finally I rose if only to cease the headache inducing racket. I took my time though, I hadn't the faintest clue who it might be but I honestly didn't care. I opened the door lazily, fully expecting to go off on who ever it might be, what met my eyes had my blood going cold.

Prince Thane stared down at me with a lazy grin "Took you your sweet time love, " he said with an arch of his dark brow, my momentarily lapse of shock wore off surprising quick as I glared at him in return, his mere presence seemed to irritate me to no end.

"Why don't you go crawl back into the hole you came from Prince " I said, adding astonishing amounts of venom onto each word, Thane merely smiled that vicious smile of his.

" Oh I like you already Princess, " he said while shamelessly letting his eyes linger on my every curve and dip of my body, it made my insides crawl.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I snarled in response, anything to stop his wondering gaze, but he continued to stare at me. " I heard of General Braydens actions dear, I realize the truth of your life has been discovered but that's no reason for him to offend my betrothed in such a way." Thane said and even tried to generate some genuine concern into his voice, but it sounded so fake it made me want to grimace.

It did not, however, distract me from what he had just said, they all knew then, every single turd in this palace knew what I was. No point in hiding I suppose.

"I am neither your dear or betrothed, call me that again, and I will show you just what a Nightmare I can be, " I hated using that name, but if it meant getting Thane to leave I would, if it meant protecting me from him...then I had to.

Thane's entire body seemed to transform, until now he'd been trying to play the gentlemen, but now he held an edge of malice in his features. He slammed his palm against the door so it opened fully before storming inside my room, I took several steps back in surprise.

But in one fluid lunge he captured my wrist in a punishing hold, "Oh Dasha, I hope you understand you're already mine, " Thane spoke lowly, his voice sprinkled with barely contained rage.

I instinctively reached for my blades but came up empty, feeling extremely valuable, I swung without thinking.

The sound of my palm connecting with Thane's cheek echoed loudly throughout the other wise silent room, and his entire face contored in fury, he clenched his jaw as he reach over with his free hand to touch his cheek.

But then he smiled wickedly "I do so love a challenge" he said before releasing his iron grip and walking out, but not before glancing back at me to snicker loudly, and he continued to cackle all through the hallway.

I stood frozen in place...

How had I let him get away with that! I let my fear consume me, in that moment I hadn't even remembered I had more then just my fists, I had completely forgotten I was wielder...