Six- Strange

I slowly walk the courtyard of the Keep, my feet dragging. I rub my eyes trying to wake myself up, three hours of sleep just doesn't cut it for me.

I walk to the stables and locate the water trough and dunk my head in, the icy chill of the water causing me to come up gasping.

Amir-- my horse--gives me an annoyed look, but I know he loves me. I stick my tongue out at him in an immature fashion, which only earns me an offended snort.

I am finally feeling awake, causing my spirits to lift substantially.

I walk out of the stables, my usual confident swagger back now that I'm no longer falling asleep.

I see Lucien walking towards me, most likely headed towards the stables. He looks awful--not that I care--his dark hair disheveled, sticking out every which way looking wild. His usually alert stormy-grey eyes are dull and haggard.

Even his walk which is usually calculated and stealthy is now sluggish and sloppy.

I purse my lips and furrow my eyebrows at him. When he catches my gaze I quirk one eyebrow up.

"Stop gawking" he gives a huge yawn halfway through " you'd think you've never seen a tired Ravkahven." He adds with a lazy grin.

Ah yes, a man, he's pulling the age card now, is he? He's only three years my senior. I have to stop myself from rolling my eyes.

"In my defense, I don't know that many" I answer honestly

"I noticed, not that many of us here. Tis a shame really." He lets his accent slip in, he trained his accent away but it still slips out when he's emotional or if he wants it to.

(Authors note: Ravkahvens come from the Kingdom Ravkah and have an accent that sounds very similar to a Scottish one.)

"Why are you so tired anyways, hard assignment?" I ask

"Not quite..." he doesn't elaborate and I don't push it, I am amazed as it is we've managed to prevail this long without fighting.

We should do it more frequently, we might learn to withstand each other.

He's looking down at me expectantly, I don't know what he wants from me so I just bounce back and forth on the balls of my feet; Something I've done since I was but a child.

He sees me doing this and kinda smiles to himself.... strange.

He looks into my eyes as if searching for an answer, then runs his hand through his hair in an exasperated way.

He must really be sleep deprived because he's acting creepy...

I slowly start backing away.

"Arcus wants you....he's in the dungeon laboratory." He says suddenly.

Again that odd searching look.

I'm surprised though " Dungeon Laboratory? I wasn't aware we had one."

"You don't know the half of it Dasha" he sounds...sad?

OoOoKkkkk.....Lucien can only either be mean or madly confusing I guess.

"Well I'm leaving now," I say with a step toward the Keep.

He's staring at me again, then looks away, his jaw clenching slightly.

"Mmm-hmm, good luck," he looks like he'd rather be anywhere than here.

I have to fight the urge to cock my head to the side, he's freaking weird.