Eighteen: Always & Forever

Dasha's POV

I screamed the minute the sword meant for me plunges into Felix, causing him to collapse with a pained whimper. I can vaguely register the rider whom did this ride away from us. It was hard to tell, I couldn't really see through the tears that blurred my vision.

I crawled my way to Felix as small wails escaped my throat, If it weren't for Asher and the rest who surrounded us— fighting off the enemy— I'd probably be dead.

Because I couldn't fight, not with Felix's blood spilling on the ground.

By the time I reach him, he's wheezing, and I take my cloak and press it against the wound, he just stares at me, his eyes glazing over slightly... And I gently brush his hair out of his face while he gives me a weak smile, pained and ever so fragile.

Why did he do it! Why would he lay down his life for me!?

"You're going to be okay" I say more to myself then him

"Everything is going to be fine, you'll always be here with me" I tell him

"Dasha...I finally..d-did it," he says weakly “ I finally...saved you”

"Of course silly... you've always saved me” I watch as he smiles when I say those words, like it the sweetest sound on earth “Every single time” I whisper, my voice choking with emotion

"Now just stay with me...because I— need you," his lashes flutter slightly, and he furrows his brows in pain.

He cannot leave me, I will not allow it!

"Please stay...Felix please don't leave me" I whimper while tears flow down my face, silent tears run down his cheeks as he gazes at me intently, as though trying to memorize my every feature, as though I'm all that exist in this world “ I'll always...alw” he suddenly exhales softly and the light in beautiful sea-green eyes suddenly dims, Like a faint flickering light that was snuffed out harshly by the world.

I fall onto Felix, burying my face into his shoulder, and gasp for air as I feel the most excruciating pain I've ever experienced. Someone must me tearing my heart out of my chest, it's a physically violent pain in me that never eases just increases. I'm being shredded alive, there's an audible roar in my ears as I feel the life draining from him and my world cleaves in two. And in that moment I know I will never be whole ever again...

"Feeellixx" I whimper softly as I nudge his shoulders "Please, wake up!"

"I can't do this alone, I need you..." but his body remains motionless, mocking my hope with its stillness.

Felix lays on his back the long sword still deep inside his midsection, a small trickle of blood running down mouth...

but he can't be dead...because I'm not dead, and we promised we'd be together, we'd have each others back always and forever. He promised.

My breathing comes in short gasps as I realize, he's...he's....

A sob shakes my body.

I stagger back from Felix's lifeless body and every memory shared with Felix flashes before me.

His mischievous smiles, the way his eyes twinkled when he teased me, the way we understood each other... how he knew what I was thinking just by my expression. The times he'd throw his head back and laughed, how the sound alone could chase away my demons. I remember how he held me when I needed comfort...how he was always there for me

Always and forever...

I screamed then, screamed at the pain that tore at my very core, I was furious, at the world itself, I didn't even feel my pain turn into this blinding anger, but now it's all I can feel.