Twenty Six: Ravkah

"Land HO!" Remington shouts from where he stand atop the sail.

"We all know!" Cole hollers from below

"No kidding! I just felt like saying it!" Remington shouts back

Cole rolls his eyes before going about his business.

I make my way to the front of the vessel, it was a good day for sailing.

The weather permitted us to arrive sooner then expected, I lean against the railing and gaze at the looming kingdom ahead.

"Your homeland is beautiful Lucien" I tell Lucien who mans the ship.

"Aye, although Shabina is my true homeland now" those are the first words Lucien had said to me in days.

" Do you remember living in Ravkah" I ask

"I don't remember my childhood, almost as if I never had one" he shrugs, but I don't miss the faint sadness in his eyes that flickers briefly.

Neither do I, but it is normal for one not to remember childhood memories right?

"Why haven't you spoken to me Lucien" I ask, turning my face from him so he won't see how it angers me.

"I've been busy Princess, forgive my behavior" all his casual behavior gone replaced by an almost soldier like demeanor.

Similarly, to how we would address Arcus...

"Lucien please don't, Not you " I say as I turn to look at him.

He doesn't meet my gaze " It is simply for the best Dahlia, I do not mean to upset you in any manner" the same idiotic soldier like demeanor.

I turn my back to him,

Why does he do this to me!
Why does he treat me like a stranger?
I turn my head when I hear footsteps coming up beside me.

I am greeted with a serious looking Asher "Dahlia we are nearing Ravkah's Royal harbor, how do you feel?"

" I feel exceptional " I lie, and it's rather easy to tell I don't even try to hide it.

Asher gives me a look " I don't mean to put pressure on you bu--"

"Then don't, " I cut him off

"Dahlia listen to me, I truly wish I didn't have to pressure you but the truth of the matter is we need you to acknowledge who you are" I can tell he meant every word.

"Shabina needs it's rightful heir, we need you... If not forever than just do it for us, for now " he hesitates before continuing

"If you no longer wish to stay with us after all this, then you are free to go and we will not follow you" Asher finely spits out.

I run a hand over my face, I can do this right?

I can fake it, then I'll be able to leave.

"Why do you wish this alliance to work so badly, what is the urgency?" I ask because it's something that's been nagging me.

" Do you remember the The Great War, the one that started the alliance?" I nod

"Because of that alliance we were able to defeat Venice, that nation of great evil... I fear we may be facing another war with Venice soon"

My heart drops, and I have to blink several times to process what Asher just said.

" No that is not possible, we defeated Venice, eliminated their armies and battle resources, it would be years till they recovered"