Twenty Five:

"How should I behave when I meet the King and Queen?"

Odessa smirks from where she sits on a crate eating an apple. She doesn't answer me, instead slowly continues to chew on her apple.

Seemingly unaware of my question, or maybe she simply doesn't care anymore.

It's difficult to say with Odessa.

" To be completely honest, you don't need to learn all that much" she answers finally, her tone lazy and nonchalant.

I raise an eyebrow, "So what was the big deal then? "

She smirks at me again "Humility. learning how to step off that high horse of yours" there is an edge to her voice, one that has me clenching my jaw, and something frigid flared inside my chest.

really? Your one to talk Odessa, truly you are.

Instead of voicing my thoughts I sit down on the deck floor beside the crate, the wind slapping my hair around; it's beyond annoying.

" I've stepped off my "high horse" as you call it, now what? " I say as nonchalantly as I can, even though I seeth inside.

"For starters Dahlia, you must learn how to hide your emotions " she stops to toss her apple core behind her, it lands in the water with a quiet plop.

Hide my emotions? I do it all the time! For instance, I want to strangle you right now and can you tell?!?

" I do it all the time, I grew up doing just that" she is beginning to frustrate me, she has to make everything difficult.

If I truly I'm Dahlia then she should show some respect for her future Queen!

Odessa smirks at me and raises her eyebrow at me.

"You show zero control over one emotion, all the rest you keep in check. All but one.... anger" her voice erks me to no end because I realize she is enjoying this!

But she has a point, I have anger issues...So I don't say anything

Odessa chuckles " That is what you must work on my dear Princess, or else they will use it against you. The Ravkah court will eat you alive once they hold something over your head" Odessa says

So that's it ! I am aware of my anger  issues you didn't need to tell me that Odessa.

"Ravkah doesn't frighten me, I can handle myself" I snap

"You should be Dahila, not every battle is fought with brute force" she warns seriously.

I dismiss her opinion, force and brutality is the only way to get something done.

I stand and leave her sitting on the crate

I am antsy and tense, I need to move, to run, to fight.

It's making me irritated, the icy chill in my chest expands and blooms with every second.

It overwhelms me forcing me to wield, or at least release.