BK2 |•Chapter 12•|

I'm no longer focusing, I can't stand another word out of Thane's mouth, It's all nonsense, all taunts and provocations.

All I can think of is how I loathe this new place, where everyone was a conniving lowlife, like living in a world where you were either a timid little thing like my handmaiden, or a souless Arcus. In a twisted sort of way I missed the old days, when it didn't matter if I was delicate and elegant but rather what I could achieve.

Be a lamb among wolves they all seem to want from me , but did they not realize I was the wolves.

I tried not to dwell on these things to much, instead kept my focus on my Kingdom while I toned Thane out, yet still, I found myself simply going  through the motions. Not to mention the wild ringing in my ears whenever I thought of having to walk down the aisle with this mere foreigner before me.

My nostrils flared slightly then, and I found myself fighting the kneejerk reaction to twist away from Thane, I just really did not wish to do this any longer. I wanted to go sulk in my room.

"-en I had already awakened, furthermore I was announced the next in line for the Crown " Thane explains while gazing at me, his cold brown eyes intent and unwavering, I had no idea when he'd started talking about himself but he had just kept going! I suppose in his own unique way he was trying to charm me?

I smiled at him, a fake pleasant smile that did not reach my eyes and one which we both knew was fake.

I really couldn't care less

Someone besides me snickered,and I instantly turned to find the young Prince Alexander trying to school his features. He briefly made eye contact with me before facing his dance partner–which still happened to be Odessa.

Huh, how odd. Why did he snicker? Did he notice my disinterest. It didn't matter.

"Prince Kavaleer, " I begin flatly

"Now now, haven't we discussed this Dasha? You know what to call me" he said steely, and I got a sudden urge to slap him.

"Thane then, I don't care to continue whatever it is we are doing. I think I shall retire for the eve--" I stopped speaking when I heard the doors to the ballroom slam open. Followed by a collective gasp from the crowd of nobles when they noticed who it was standing in the entryway, and I immediately searched to see what the commotion was about...

My heart cracked...while I had an out of body experience as I qeaustioned my sanity, was this a dream? That was the only reasonable explanation for what was standing before my eyes.

He was clad in his white waist cloak brimmed with gold, with white trousers and black knee high boots, and arrayed in medals. He stood utterly still at the top of the stairs, just looking down at the sea of aristocrats.

And struggled to breathe as I attempted taking a ragged breath.

This was Felix, but not.

His bronze skin glowed with a golden sheen, and his eyes—His were no longer a mere sea green, but every hue and variation that could be imagined. As though every green forest and leaf had bled into one shade.
This was not just Felix, this was Prince Nikolai F. Leonhart Kavaleer of Ravkah. And he was beyond captivating as well as devastatingly handsome, and power beyond belief radiated off him in waves—nearly overwhelming. My breath caught in my throat, and I forgot how to breath yet again—who needed oxygen anyway?. And all I could seem to do was stare, yes indeed, my gaze had found it's home.

The announcer seemed to have the same issue and as he stood there looking like a frightened fawn.

But Felix needed no introduction, no, instead he slowly took the first step down the stairs, each footstep echoing in the silence. And it was then that I noticed how he clenched his jaw, how his beyond breathtaking eyes wore a deathly gleam—almost feral. His fists where clenched tight, as he his nostrils flared— Oh he was furious.