Twenty-Eight:

The minute the soldiers lead me down  the elegant golden hallways of the castle towards the "west" wing-- opposite wing in which everybody else stayed-- I started panicking.

And I trashed against the solider who held me from behind.

"Dahlia its alright, we'll be alright!" I heard Asher holler from down the opposite hallway.

I always forget the "blood bond" he insists we have always hints him in on my emotions.

Which at the moment would be a huge anxiety spike.

I let my muscles relax as the soldiers lead me down further down the hallway till we reach a doorway.
Which leads into a spiral staircase which they non to gently lead me into.

We barely go up about four steps when I struggle against them, trashing in a very unladylike manner. And since I was already doing unladylike things I suppose I should continue.

I tensed my leg muscles preparing them, and all in one move angled my body and kicked the soldier holding me in the groin with all the strength and anger I could muster.

The soldier dropped to his knees with an agonized howl of pain, he crouched into himself as he practically wailed in pain, and with a satisfied smirk I bolted before the other solider decided he should be useful.

I ran blindly up the stair, taking two steps at a time or as many as my short legs could manage. Had I not been trying to escape I might have been impressed by the marvelous craftsmanship of this castle.

The walls where a brilliant white with gold designs carved into the walls.
But they were all a blur to me as I ran faster when I heard the rapidly becoming familiar sound of armor clanking as the soldier started to  catch up.

"There is nowhere to ran little Princess!" The soldier panted through deep breaths behind me.

I ignored him as the continued my glorious escape.

Glorious until I I reached the top of the stair case...

Because the staircase lead into a beautifully designed room, with elegant furniture, mirrors and a enormous closest and so much more but that was not what had me frozen in place.

No it was the fact that General Brayden Tones stood in the center of the room, a room which had but one window and it had iron bars.

Tones stood with a hand on the pommel of his sword and loomed at me with a look so scathing it could have turned me ablaze.

What was his problem!

I didn't know what to do so I turned around and ran down the stairs only to be met by the out of shape soldier who honestly did not seem like such a terrible person compared to Tones.

"I tried to warn you little princess " he said almost apologetically.

I shrugged sadly, " Come on now, no escaping this time, it would be in vain. The castle is in lockdown thanks to you my Lady" he said with an almost proud look directed towards me.

"Not trying is not an option for me" I said back but I allowed him to lead me back up.

"Who would have thought such a little thing like yourself held such ferocity" he mumbled.

And I would have laughed if not for the fact we neared the top and into the room we went.

"There is no escaping this palace girl" Tones spat as his fist clenched tightly against the pommel of his sword as if the urge to strike me down overwhelmed him.

"You will remain here until we figure out what to do with you" Tones began

"You will be fed and clothed like royalty so that the King and Queen of Shabina will have no reason to complain" he continued