Twenty Three: Trapped

Prince Nikolai F. Leonhart Kavaleer POV

I am not "unaware" as Asher so kindly put it. I am awake, I am trapped inside myself, I can hear everything, I feel everything and smell everything.

I just can't MOVE!

The minute I woke up I found myself in a bed, and I knew I was an a ship from the rocking.

And I remembered everything.....

How I died, because the royal slumber is death. In a way this is worse than death, knowing and hearing my Princess call for me and talk to me but being unable to talk back.

It physically pains me.

I've screamed and screamed but no one hears me.

I wish I could tell her that she truly is a princess. I've got hours to myself, just trapped inside my self.

So I tug at my memories:

She slowly lays her head on my chest, and I feel her breath in my scent. Her cherry blossom and icy smell overwhelms my senses and I smile inside.

She lays there thinking, and I wish she'd stay with me forever.

"Why don't you wake up Felix, why did you leave me" she whispers onto my chest.

My heart constricts, I feel like someone just stabbed me.

I am trying Dasha...and I never left you

She curls into herself, leaning closer to me and in that moment I would given anything to hold her, to wrap my arms around her.

"Everyone thinks I am a princess, how absurd is that! But they say you are a prince." She rambles a bit, and I smile and listen.

Of course you are a princess and soon a Queen.

"And I completely believe it, you were always the special one out of us....."

Me? Ha! Yes I am a prince but you have always been the better one of us.

She changes the subject. I realize she just wants to talk to me...

"I can't stop seeing it.....I don't even have to close my eyes it just appears, the image of you falling....all the blood...still hear you scream."

I feel my shirt dampen with tears.

I am sorry you had to see that, I wish I could make you forget that. But I would have done it again in a heartbeat.

"Felix I....I think I'm broken.....I'm  trying my best to suffocate the pain like how Arcus taught us.....but I just  wish I could fade away. I know this is dumb and I truly wish you can't hear this but I think a part of me...." her voice trembles and wobbles " I think a part of me died with you.... I....it's just because you remember when we promised we'd have each others backs?"

Her words kill me, I want to make this better but I am trapped in this prison!

I struggle against myself, kicking and screaming inside.Clawing at these invisible walls, trying to escape this never ending darkness. But in reality not a single muscle even twitches.