Ten-Found

Asher Kighter POV

I barge inside my father's room in the castle, I'd prefer we stayed at my small castle in my estate in Isla— Isla is the city own by my family since the rise if Shabina itself.

But since we have been running this kingdom for the last eleven years we are forced to live here, not that it's a trial.

But that is the big secret of this nation, a secret we've kept for years even from the citizens of Shabina themselves.

This secret my family has kept for years since I was ten: King Dominique Leonidas Cashore the third and Queen Angelina Amalia Cashore are dead.

And their only heir went missing at age seven, if the world were to find out they would wipe Shabina out entirely.

Especially our rivals, the ones that forced us into an alliance with Ravkah in the first place.

The ones we suspect responsible for the death of the royals, Valcerie

If Ravkah knew of the death of the Royals they'd jump at the opportunity to steal our shifter magic.

Because Ravkah has always had Elementals and Shabina has always had the strongest Shifters, only by the alliance by royal marriage did our bloodlines and magic mingle to create Wielders; which are only royals or nobility.

But Ravkah would just love to take all the Shifter magic from us. To drain us until all that was left was a dry husk.

But that won't happen, because I found her...

My father sits near the fireplace, reading a book.

Running this kingdom has aged him, but he still carries himself like the general he was.

"Father, I found her...."

He turns and his brown eyes search my face for confirmation.

I walk a kneel in front of his chair

"I found her, I found Dahlia," I say

"This isn't like last time, is it? You were so sure it was our Princess heir last time as well" he asks warily, I sadden as I realize he doesn't want to be disappointed yet again.

"I felt the bond this time father, I felt the blood bond it's been so long since I've felt it so strong"

My father's eyes widen "Why haven't you brought her with you then" he bellowed, his usually tired, haggard eyes alert and lively for once.

I sigh and sit in the chair in front of his. He glares at me the whole time

"She didn't know, didn't even know who I was, let alone who she was" I try and explain

"That is no excuse" he eyes flicker with sadness before he continues " I failed Angelina, do not fail where I did my son" his eyes suddenly gleamed with tears.

My father was Queen Angelina's sworn blood General and protector, losing her was like losing a limb, worse even because it was his sole duty, his one task placed on his shoulders at age five.

To protect at all cost.

And yet, that night he'd begged Angelina to reconsider, begged her to let him go with her. Later that night, when we were in our castle in Isla, my father collapsed in agony as his bond with Queen Angelina broke. As a blood General you feel the death of your Queen as if it were happening to you, almost like a slap in the face for your failure.

I can not imagine what it must feel like, I became Dahlias sworn blood General and protector when she was two and I was five, as is custom, and I feel her absence every day. I can't not fathom the emptiness my father must feel.