Thirteen

Asher suggested we head towards the private royal trading port, there we could acquire a ship to take us to Ravhak.

Because the quickest way to Ravkah is by sea, we were planning on taking the land route, which would take weeks!

But by sea, it's only about five days, depending on the weather at sea.

So that's were we are headed, it'll take us about two days to reach the port.

We've had to rest multiple times throughout the night, because of our injuries.

Lucien lost a lot of blood, but he's taking it like a trooper, like Asher, not like me on the other hand.

"My rib hurts, stop constricting me with your arm Felix!" I snap, because honestly, he should have let me go by now! It's been hours.

"Stop being a crybaby, if anything, the pressure is acting like a cast" Felix replies comely, as if he holds me on a regular basis, as if this is normal.

A cast my ass.....

Instead of voicing my pent up attitude, I brood in silence.

Usually, I'd fight him, but am exhausted, we've been riding all night, its dawn now and I still haven't slept.

Besides, everytime me and felix talk to each other, Asher stares at us like a creeper, and so does Lucien...

And Odessa, Remy and Cole.

Even tied behind Gypsy, Amir stares at us! Though I think he's just jealous that am mounted on Gypsy and not him.

But I've decided Felix is punishing me, he's making me suffer by enduring this odd form of torture.

Was it because I made him bring Lucien? If that's it, then I don't regret it.

Am having trouble focusing though, our slow speed, and the gentle sound hooves is rocking me to sleep.

But the only option, is to fall asleep leaning on Felix's chest, and that's not happening. In your dreams Felix.

So instead, I lean forward, slouching in the saddle as I start drifting to sleep.

Am about half asleep when I almost slip off the saddle, actually, I would have fallen off the saddle, if not for Felix's arm around me.

"Stop being stubborn" Felix says while he, non too gently, leans me back against his chest.

"Amm...not...stub--stubborn" I say stubbornly in a half awake state, if am being honest, I probably won't remember this conversation.

"Mmhmm, of course, whatever you say" he replies lazily while snuggling me closer, he wraps his cloak over me, so that we're both covered by it.

"Your just....ss--ssaying th" the last thing I remember, is Felix releasing the reins to cradle my head against his chest, his other arm still holding me by my waist.
.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"Wake up" someone says while gently nudging me.

"I don't want to" I mumble and snuggle closer to my personal heater behind me, it's so warm, what is it anyways. Meh, whatever, don't care.

Am drifting again, being dulled to dreamland by the comfort the warmth brings, I pull the blanket closer to me and contentedly let out a sigh.

Someone let's out a deep chuckle, and I can feel the rumble behind me! I suddenly realize that my "heater" is actually Felix.

I shriek as I sit up, I twist in saddle to look at Felix

He's trying so hard not to laugh, his lips keep twitching as he tries and fails to keep from laughing.

When he releases a burst of laughter, I punch his shoulder and glare at him.

He stops laughing but gives me a huge smile, revealing all his pearly whites, I swear it's the most cheeky grin I've seen.

"Sorry, I just had to wake you, because we're making camp." He says finally

I look around me and notice that, indeed everyone is making camp.

They're dismounted and laying out their bedrolls, are they going to sleep?

Felix dismounted, and offers a hand, because since Gypsy is so tall unlike Amir, dismounting for me is like jumping off a roof.

My size doesn't help me at times, but screw him, am not taking his hand.

I slap his hand away, and —non to gracefully—dismount Gypsy.

Felix looks down at me and gives me a —you proud of yourself—look

I stick my tongue out at him, like the mature women I am, and stomp toward camp, my fists clenched.

"Cole look at her" Remy nudges Cole, who sits besides him on a log "doesn't she look like a grumpy toddler"

Do You want to fight me, I'll fight you, you little piece of

"Shut up Remington, no cares what you think"Cole tells Remy, clearly annoyed "You look like a homeless most of the time, but we don't go around telling you that"

I think Cole is my new favorite person.

"Dasha aways looks like a Queen" Lucien says from his bedroll, where he lays lazily with his hands behind his head, his eyes closed but he wears a faint smile.

Scratch that, Lucien is my favorite person in the universe.

"Don't listen to him, it's all the blood loss talking"Remy says

"Do you ever just shut up" I suddenly say.

Cole laughs "Sorry, that's a negative" Odessa says with a smirk towards Remy  "Hey, that's not fair" Remy protests.

Felix walks into camp then, carrying Gypsy's saddle, looking haggard, why hadn't I noticed this. But then again everyone looks haggard, so maybe it's a new fad or something. Asher suddenly appears "Dasha, since you so comfortably slept for hours" emphasis the hours by stretching his arms wide " You'll take first watch, while we sleep"

I'm slightly embarrassed by the whole sleeping-on-Felix thing, so I take the shift without question.

"Since when did you become the leader here" I ask while narrowing my eyes at him.

"Since Felix looks like he might drop at any second" Odessa say while gesturing towards Felix, who growls but doesn't deny it.

Odd

Instead he rolls out his blanket besides Luciens and drops the saddle, and within seconds, Felix's soft snores join Luciens.

How can they sleep during the day, I wish I could

"Well then..." I say while I walk away past the horses and to a rock which provides the best vantage point.

I just sit there, my legs crossed Indian style, my elbows propped on my knees and my chin resting on my hands.

Well, I'm already bored, hasn't even been five seconds. This is going to be soo much Fun I think sarcastically.