Twenty seven: Unconquered

Dahlia POV

  When I was younger I always imagined that a King and Queen would always be calm and collected.

That no matter the situation they would be the bigger person and remain with a level head.

And I had actually still believed this even until recently.

However, as I am pushed to my knees before the King and Queen of Ravkah in the Throne room in chains with my comrades I can't help but think I've been wrong this whole time.

The minute Felix was carried in I swear I have never heard a women scream louder than the Queen of Ravkah.

She shrieked and shrieked, but it all seemed a tad overdramatic, overdone.
And as the nobles gathered and whispered to each other about what a sweet and loving mother the Queen was I wonderered if she truly was doing it for Felix or for the nobles.

"What is the meaning of this general!" The king boomed from where he sat on a hugr throne, beside his throne was the queens throne and three other smaller thrones-- most likely for the sons and daughters -- all which remained empty except for the one beside the queen.

There sat a lovely young lady about my age which could only be a princess, and not even her somber expression could take away from her practically perfect features.

"These imposter came through the royal port without a signed document from the royal family of Shabina and... Sire..they have brought back  the missing prince of Ravkah: Nikolai F. Leonhart Kavaleer" General Tones says

Nobles immediately gasp as if on que when he mentions Felix's name, and murmurs and gushed tones soon fill the room.

"And tis with bitterness that I must say Prince Nikolai is in a Royal Slumber" Tones announces, pausing slightly to collect himself.

And for a good five minutes the entire throne room remains utterly eerily quite as everybody awaited the kings reaction.

The king rose slowly from his throne and a muscle on his jaw ticked as he clenched his jaw. I could have sworn I saw his blue eyes flash maliciously as his fists slowly began to clench, and my magic flared wildy to life Reeling and trashing inside of me.

With a roar of outrage from the King the floor shook, and my eyes widened as he made his way towards me.

"You! I feel it within you, My sons other half! How dare you inflict this on MY SON!!" He roared but I refused to cower.

I had done terrible things in my life, done things in which I would always carry the guilt and scars and had he accused me of doing such deeds I would have taken it all.

But King or no King I would not let him accuse me of hurting Felix

I rather hurt myself.

So instead I held my head high, and looked into his rage filled eyes.

"I would never hurt Felix" I said as my breathing turned rapid with rage, and in my words I could feel the magic stir through my veins.

"Felix? " the King mocked " who are you to call him by such,  you are nothing!"

"Only his family may call him anything other than by his title " the queen says through tears, tears which seemed faker by the minute.

That was it, I was done! To damn with the posed and perfect princess

"Family?! " I scoffed in the kings face

" I fought beside him since age ten!  I stitched his wounds not his supposed family! " I seethed and had not realized I had began to rise as the royal family watched stunned.

"It was I who had his back, I who bandaged his broken ribs after a beating! We took care of each other! So don't you dare talk to me about family for you were not the one who saw him grow into a man, you were not the one who held him as he died.." I could not held the knot in my throat or the lone tear that streaked down my cheek.

The king of Ravkah watched me closely as I stood with my head high, my breathing ragged as I fought against my emotions, his blue eyes held such raw intensity it took me aback.

"Where did you and Nikolai grow up..." he asks almost fightently, as if afraid of the answer.

And that is when I realize my mistake, for now they will surely know that I am an assassin unfit to rule my own kingdom much less make an alliance.

I remain quiet

"You refuse to tell me this.... is it so appalling?" He ask

I look at the floor.

So much more appalling than you can imagine

"Very well you leave me no choice then, you will be escorted to the dungeons on charges of attempted murder on the crown prince, and your companions will be hanged " he announced

I gasped in horror at his unfairness,  but I would not go down without a fight.

I gave my magic free rein, and I audibly inhaled as an icy sensation swept my entire body.

The King gasped in rage "Quick we need a Fogger NOW!" He Roared.

I did not know what I was doing, merely following my magic, and as if an a dance my magic lead me guiding my fingers to the smooth marble floor of the throne room and I released.

"Dasha don't! " someone yelled but I ignored them as the haze my magic brought settled over me, and my ice spread across the floor freezing everything in its path.

The King changed before my eyes, his eyes turned from a mere blue to glowing embers and his teeth turned into fangs, and before I knew it a wolf who stood before me

a wolf the size of a draft horse!

I screamed as I poured every inch of my being into the ice emitting from my fingers, and the first shrieks met my ears as the first soldiers turned to ice meeting their ends.

I saw the hesitation on the Kings side as everyone retreated to the other end of the throne room as they ran from my ice.

Even the mighty Brayden Tones ran.

I was about to reach the first few nobles who screamed as they stumbled in their attempt to run when I am knocked onto my side.

The king had somehow jumped across the room and was suddenly before me snarling, and I hardly had time to process anything before he lunged and I waited for the killing blow.

But in what seemed like a blur of light the king was knocked to the side.

And suddenly a giant leapard like animal which could only be a Lilith stood infront of me!

-
A/N
This chapter was a bit long so I split it into two parts.