Twenty Two: Out of Control

ASHER KIGHTER POV

We all stand outside the door, practically leaning against it.

My comrades are devastated by her refusal to accept who she is.They think her to be uncaring, heartless.

But I know better...

I felt the overwhelming emptiness inside her, her gut wrenching pain.

She has done a very nice job of putting up a strong front....Because the pain of losing a Promised is unbearable, although she has not lost him yet.

The bond is hanging by a tread, it is broken and frayed but still there.

There is still so much she needs to know. Sometimes I feel like I don't know her, she's so different from the girl my younger self so foolishly loved that it shocks me. I smile at the memory of myself, I thought myself her knight in shining armor, how wrong I was.

"Don't you have matters to attend to?" I ask everyone, giving them pointed looks.

They huff at me, but slowly start to disperse. I heighten my hearing and lean closer to the door, feeling only a little guilty.

"How you said you'd care If I died, and that I could be your queen.....Always and Forever remember" I hear Dasha say, her voice strangled with emotion.

And then I hear her soft anguished sobs, they tear at my heart savagely. Sometimes the general blood bond is a type of torture for me. My wolf claws at me eagerly, demanding me to fix it, to kill whoever is hurting our queen.

But I can't do anything to stop this kind of hurt....because only Prince Kavaleer can heal her pain. Only her Promised can mend her heart.

"Why was our forever so short" she whimpers.

I listen till her sobs quietly subside, I hate to wake her. But I don't want her to know I was eavesdropping.

I open the door and walked down the stairs. The light from the candle illuminates the sight before me.

Dasha lays curled with Felix, her head laying on his chest as soft whimpers escape her lips.

I feel so guilty, maybe if I hadn't found her she could have continued to live as an assassin with Prince Kavaleer by her side. She was probably happy enough before all this. I sit on a near by chair and just contemplate what our next move will be.

Because we are headed to Ravkah.

With their Beloved prince in a Royal Slumber.

They'll probably behead us on sight.
And then there is the matter of Venice the evil kingdom across the Flaming desert bordering Shabina. Because they have sent the Falconers, the elite group of infiltrators to Shabina.

That has only every meant one thing; Venice is planning on raging war on Shabina. They have sent the falconers as spies to find our weaknesses, which happen to be many at the moment. We do not stand a chance without the support of Ravkah and our alliance has been shaky.

I don't know what I am to do, how am I supposed do this without our Queen.
How is Shabina to survive without it's Queen!

I understand she is hurting but how could she desert her people!? How are we to win a war when our own kingdom is already falling apart.

I startle when Dasha suddenly gasps and starts shivering violently, I am instantly infront of her shaking her awake.

She opens her eyes and I am greeted with glowing diamond blue eyes

Uh oh

I chill runs up my arm where my hands makes contact with her shoulders, and I immediately pull back. It's feels so odd, it's distracting. She gripes the edge of the bed and it's instantly covered by frost.