Twenty Seven: Part 2

Part Two

The Lilith snarled and and gave an ear splitting yowl as it slashes at the air, warning the king not to step closer.

It was then I assessed the situation:

Asher layed on the floor beside me as he trashed against his restraints but to no avail, with the Fogger still attached to his neck he'd be like any other man.

Cole, Remy and Odessa all huddle together as they tried to quietly back away towards the two massive doors which led into the hallway.

Cole even had the nerve to give me a sheepish grin when he caught my gaze, it clearly said meant they knew they had totally abandoned us.

Lucien was not anywhere in sight I noticed with panic.

And someone had dragged Felix's body to the other side of the room....I would have froze him had I  not been stopped.

"It can not be!" A soft melodious voice exclaimed,  I looked up to see the princess with her hand covering her mouth in a gasp.

"Father! It's a Lilith " she said enthusiastically,  and to my utter shock she stood from her throne and ran....towards me and the Lilith.

I was very confused and concerned on so many levels, I simply stood with my arms hanging limply by my side.

And suddenly with a flash of green light, the human version of the King stood before me looking just as confused as me.

But the Lilith was not motionless like us, instead it snarled at the Princess every step.

"Evangeline don't!" The king warned, concern coating his voice.

Evangeline ignored him as she continued her approach on this mysterious feline.

The minute she was within reach the feline slashes the air,  catching her dress with a enormous paw leaving the the fabric tattered and torn.

The Feline neared with a hissed as it crouched, "I know you're scared but I promise we won't hurt you or your friends, right father?" Evangeline spoke seemly unaware of the Feline stalking her for the killing blow.

The King gave me a look as if assessing me and my comrades, and seemed lost in thought for a second.

"Very well..." and something in the way he said this made me believe things were not "very well" at all.

"You see kitten, all is well" she beamed at the Lilith

At her words I swear the feline made an odd choking irritated sound.

And with a flash of pitch black that resembled a blackhole or a starless night, I gasped as I saw who it was.

I nearly choked on my own saliva, and just barely remained conscious as I beheld non other than Lucien!!

And I gave an odd sort of strangling/screaming sound.

" I am no Kitten girl, and the next time you approach me it won't be your gown I tear but your throat!" He Threatened and his voice was not entirely of this world, somewhere between human and feral.