Fourteen: Dreamy Felix

Felix POV

Images flash so fast they are blurs, and although I know I'm dreaming,it feels so real. These images, I feel like I've lived them, as though as part me is connected.

I watch as a boy stands near the sidewalk of the city of Shabina, holding the hand of an older elegant women. The boy is dressed in fine clothes, nobility perhaps? His blonde hair gleams in the afternoon sun, acting like a halo, and it only serves to highlight his already innocent features.

"Stay here my little angel, I'll only be but a moment" the woman says while gently brushing the boys cheek. The boy smiles, and he waits patiently were the women left him, he has a certain air about him, a certain way he carries himself that's demands attention.

Suddenly the boy grimaces and rubs his chest, he starts looking frantic, he runs a hand through his hair in distress. His green eyes flash then, and he starts jogging with purpose, he doesn't know where he's going, only following the tug of his heart.

It leads him to a lonely alley, where a man crouches in front of a small girl, gripping her by the wrists.

His heart stops, and then beats frantically, because his ten years old heart recognizes her. His magic flares inside him slightly. The girl suddenly looks directly at him, her mesmerizing blue eyes ensnare him, fully and forever capturing him.

And suddenly he's pulling his small dulled sword from its sheath, he's brandishing it.

"Leave her alone" he growl at the Auburn haired man, and the boy advances, ignoring the fact he stands no chance. The girl breaks loose from the man's grip while he's distracted by the boy. She runs towards the boy and hides behind him, clutching his dark red cape, with the snarling Lilith embroidered onto it.

The boy has never been a fighter but for her... for her he'd do anything

The man looms in front of the boy.

That's when I recognize him, why is he in my dream!

It's Arcus

The scene evaporates and suddenly I'm staring at a completely new scene:

This same boy, now dressed in what looks like a classic Assassin look, glares at a man—another assassin maybe

"Let me through!" The boy screams at the man, the once gentle looking boy looks to have grown claws.

"Not so fast little man" The man chuckles, and boy pulls out a small dagger.

"Move or I'll slit your throat" the golden haired boy seethes, the man only laughs, " You wanna try so badly, do you? Be my guest" and with that the man walks away.

The boy faces the wooden door, he knows where this leads, he can't exactly remember how, but he knows it's a horrible place.

And that's when he hears it again, it's the sound that had him running to this very door in the first place.

It's the sound of the eight year old girl screaming in agony, the same girl with the piercing blue eyes.

The one that caused something deep inside him to awaken, the one he'd lay down his life for.

The one he couldn't save..

The boy screams and slams against the door, but it won't budge, he slams against it again, but the door remains unmoving.

He pulls his sword from the sheath at his hip, and begins pounding the door with it.

Hack, hack, hack

She screams a gut wrenching scream, the boys vision blurs with tears as he continues to slice at the door.

Save her, protect her, defend her

The words are constant thrum in his head.

But he can't...another wave of tears swell in his eyes, because he is not enough, he is not strong enough.
He rams the sword as hard as he can against the door, causing a sharp pain to travel up his arm.

But he doesn't stop, he continues to try. Because this all he can do, this is all he can give. The door that leads to Hell is covered in splinters, with cracks and dents, but it's not enough.

It's never enough, He is not enough.

He drops to his knees on the floor, the sword chatters as it falls. He leans his head against the door, and clenches his eyes shut, bitter tears run down his face, as he takes laboured breathes

She screams again, "help me" she shrieks

And with that he's pounding the door with his fists, he's desperate, he feels her pain in his very core, in his very essence.

It's a suffocating pain... It's suffocating HIM

His fists pound and pound, and he growls as he forces his body to ignore the pain, because her pain is more important.

She is more important.

Eventually after what's seems like an eternity, his fists became bloody and bruised, and he cries and cries, not for himself; but for her.

"Dasha" he whines, as he collapses in front of the door, too exhausted for tears.