Twelve-Shifter vs Demon

It's pure instinct that drives me to lean into Felix's broad chest, who in turn, places his chin on my head in a protective gesture, but it's an empty gesture—for he can offer no real protection.

“I'm sorry Dasha, sorry I couldn't get us out” he whispers softly. Asher heard though, I can tell by the way he tenses. “ Diamond form, Remy takes the rear” Asher suddenly says, and they all scramble to take their places.

Asher is in front of us, Odessa on his right, Cole takes the left and Remy the rear. They draw their swords in unison—the moonlight glints on the steel—except for Asher, he remains without a weapon drawn.

He'll die first...

Lucien rides his dapple grey horse— BloodRiver or River— until he's a few yards away, then dismounts. There's an eerie silence through it all, that is until I take a raspy gasp when I see his eyes, they are completely black, empty and expressionless, his beautiful grey eyes are gone.

He tilts his head slightly and smiles viciously, Right. At. Me...

I nearly wet myself, my heart frantically beats, and an overwhelming fear like I've never felt before fills my entire being.

He looks like a demon, one that's about to kill me, I gulp.

“I come for Nightmare, and for her only ” a chill runs down my spine when he speaks, not because of how dead it sounds, no, but because it sounds eerily identical to Arcus's voice, I'm so terrified I actually want to laugh.

The diamond formation around us visibly tightens, and Felix removes his chin from my head as be beings to desperately fight his restraints.

“I might consider it if you tell me one thing” I pale at Asher's words,he's bluffing, he has to be bluffing! He wouldn't turn me over to this...this...nightmare would he? The irony of that name does not escape me.

“Who controls you, who's playing puppet master with you” Asher asks

“A clever one I see, so you know what I am then. Then you should also know I am in full control of BloodLust here”  he gestures towards himself.

Lucien is being controlled?...it all makes sense now!

“Arcus you monster!” Felix snarls

Lucien, or, Arcus laughs "Your one to talk Nightstalker, we're more similar then different at this point, you niave Ravkahven” Arcus says gleefully through Lucien, the sound so deranged it makes my skin crawl.

Without warning, Asher lunges at Lucien with inhuman speed, and that's when the impossible happens, something so shocking, so incredibly out of this world I nearly faint.

Mid-lung Asher transforms! I watch in horror as his bone structure fractures  rearranges into a different shape altogether, the sound of cracking bones and tearing flesh so grotesque I nearly empty my stomach right there and then.

And before I know it, in Ashers place, now stands an enormous dark wolf, with sharp canines and glowing ember-like eyes. I involinterly gave a blood curdling scream, and I started  frantically pushing with my heels in an effort to backup. This wasn't real, I must be dreaming? I couldn't seem to breathe, I gasped in short, quick breaths but the air seemed thin!

The world around me blured till all I see is the battle in front of me, and I can hardly breath from the sheer and utter fear that swallows me whole.

Lucien grabs Asher/The wolf by the the scruff of the neck as he lunges, causing them both to tumble onto the wet ground. Lucien pushes Asher off with incredible speed, and they begin circling each other.