> 60 <

"Why did you let him do that to you?" Yoongi asks softly, handing Jimin a sealed package of bungeoppang. Jimin takes it with a smile and mutters a quick 'thanks' to Yoongi.

"Well, number one rule in a job like mine. The customer is always right," Jimin shrugs, taking his first bite.

"Yeah but, I know you're all soft, and shit... But, that was too much, Jimin."

"Yeah, I don't know. I guess I just mentally broke down. These past few days have been a bit hard on me."

Yoongi's eyebrows furrow, "Oh? Why so?"

"Well, he hasn't been the only one calling me names and shit. Usually I don't care what people say or think about me. But it's been going on for a while now and I'm tired of it. They don't know who I am, so who are they to start rumours and bullshit?"

"What rumours?"

"You know how prom is upcoming?"

Yoongi nods. Why is everything revolving around prom?

"It's that time of year when people decide to step on me and my feelings."

"So? Fuck them, like you said, who cares what they say or think? You should do you."

Jimin smiles. Yoongi sounded just like Dumpling. He was glad people like that were still on his side; supporting him and trying to help him keep his head up.

"That's what my friend said."

"See? Exactly. Jimin, I may not know much about you. But I know that you have a pure heart. Don't let it get to you, you're perfect," Yoongi insists, hands now on Jimin's shoulders while his eyes were locked with the younger's.

The faint tint of pink made its way back onto Jimin's cheeks again.

"Um. Anyways, thank you, hyung. I really appreciate what you've done for me today."

Yoongi grins, "It's nothing. Just promise me that you won't let people treat you like that again. I don't want to be arguing with you to put on some damn ointment again."

"Wait a second," Yoongi leans in closer to Jimin, making the younger's heart practically burst through his rib cage. "You have a cut on your cheek. How did that happen?"

"Oh, he threw a plastic bread knife at me before you stepped in. I felt it a little, but I didn't think it would leave a cut. It's fine—"

"Shut up. It's not fine, I KNEW I should have made him drink from the floor," Yoongi clicks his tongue. "Wait here," he says before disappearing into the kitchen.

Yoongi returns after a minute, a small box of something in his hand. He digs into the box and pulls out what seems to be a bandaid. Jimin's eyes grow in awe, "Oh my god! That's so cute, it's shaped like a puzzle piece!"

Yoongi agrees, "Somebody gave them to me awhile back. I think this is big enough?" Yoongi begins to unwrap the packaging, peeling off the paper to activate the adhesive side. The puzzle piece was a pink color, perfect to match Jimin's hair. Jimin watched as the latter carefully placed the band aid on his right cheek, just a little below his eye. Jimin smiled at how Yoongi even stuck a bit of his tongue out; being utterly focused on the task.

"It matches your hair too."

"You know, he also made fun of my hair," Jimin mumbles, running a finger over the band aid to make sure it stuck.

"What?"

"The guy. He said it was childish and shit."

Yoongi shook his head, "Your hair is cute. It suits you, you're like a little bubblegum prince!"

Oh fuck. Jimin's heart was not ready for that.

"B-bubblegum prince?"

"Yeah! You remind me of the little prince. But your hair is bubblegum pink. And everybody can't resist gum. Gum comes in different flavours, just like how there's different sides of you. Everybody wants gum when they see it, just like how a lot of people want you. So, bubblegum prince!"

Jimin's breath hitched. Fucking hell.

"Plus, I like your hair, so don't listen to him. At least you're creative. Mine is just black," Yoongi adds, pouting.

Jimin giggles, "Yeah. I guess that's kind of dull."

"Exactly," Yoongi's face suddenly lights up, "Say, you want to come with me? I was thinking of buying a temporary dye. But I'd have to get my hair bleached for that first."

"Of course, hyung! Just let me know when," Jimin beams.

- - -

× bungeoppang is a korean pastry dessert (if you will) that's shaped like a fish and has stuff in it... you can search it up if you want, but it was what joon was referring to when he said "ain't no fish inside". It's really good btw y'all gotta try it, it's one of my faves 👅