> 134 <

Jimin stared at Yoongi with wide eyes, his entire body frozen and still trying to process what took place a few moments ago as the older took one step back. He heard Yoongi swear under his breath, the older's eyes also enlarging. He assumed Yoongi just comprehended the situation as well. Jimin had so many questions in his head, none being able to be vocalized to be asked out loud.

"Jimin," Yoongi was the first to break the awkward silence between the two; the noise of the night's event somehow fading in the background. There it was again. The moment when it was just Jimin and Yoongi — everyone and everything around them like a wisp of air.

"W-Why... D-do you like me?" Was all that Jimin managed to blurb out. He cursed at himself mentally because, really? Out of all the things he could have said, he just had to go with that.

The younger watched as Yoongi disengaged the eye contact between them, his heart racing as he attempted to prepare himself for what Yoongi's answer would be. Jimin was in love with him, he's finally come to fully accept that fact. But he never got to think about the negatives. How things would turn out if Yoongi couldn't return his feelings. One sided love. It's equivalent to the pain of a break up, and Jimin was nowhere ready to face that. He's been thinking about how he liked Yoongi so much— how Yoongi made him happy and how he wants to make sure Yoongi is always happy— that he didn't give himself time to realize... what if Yoongi wasn't really as happy with Jimin? Yes, he told him before, but lying isn't a hard thing to do. What if all of it was just Jimin being delusional? Sure, his friends would hype up his crush on Yoongi, but that's what friends do. What was the assurance that, Yoongi, does in fact, have a even a tiny bit of feelings for Jimin? Was the kiss supposed to be that assurance?

"I have something I really need to tell you. I really hope you understand," Yoongi spoke.

Jimin could feel his heart drop to his stomach. Yoongi didn't answer Jimin's question.

"Look, I know that we've been close lately, I know that we've been around each other like we were two things glued together. I'm really thankful for the bond that we've built, Jimin. Yes, we've had our ups and downs along the way, and I'm glad that we got to talk about it and fix it. Because, believe it or not, Jimin, I can't stand the idea of having conflict with you," Yoongi took a deep breath and sighed, "When you told me that I made you happy... it really scared me. You've been telling me that you just want to give others happiness because it's something you don't really have. To be able to make you happy, to be able to trust me with that... it's so... overwhelming. You have the purest heart and you deserve so so much— more than the world, even. It's so scary for me because I know I can't give you the world, even if I tried to. And to think that I might be the only one who's been giving you even just a pinch of the happiness you deserve... it's just.... I can't promise I won't fuck that up. And that's what I fear the most."

"But... Yoongi, I don't need the world. All I need is you by my side. I'll be content with that. And we all make mistakes, but there's a reason that we change in order to correct them. So whatever it may be, whether you do fuck it up sometimes or not, I know that there will always be a reason behind it."

Yoongi shook his head, "I'm glad to know that but... Jimin, you don't need someone like me. There's so much you don't know about me yet, and there are things that I rather not tell you but I feel that you need to know about me. And one of those things is the reason why I'm standing in front of you right now."

Jimin frowned, "What are you saying?"

"I'm your dumpling, Jimin."

"W-what did you just say?" No. He must have misheard Yoongi, right?

"I was the friend you made the day of that lockdown."

"You... knew?"

Yoongi nodded.