> 105 <

Yoongi set Woo Woo down on his bed gently, making sure the little guy wouldn't wake up from his slumber. He took a seat at the feet of his bed, sighing out his frustration and exhaustion.

It's been a long day for him, first the whole rescuing woo woo thing, then the little fight he had with Jimin. He felt really bad for it afterwards... how stupid was he to tell Jimin that it wasn't Jimin's fault, but then blame the fact that Jimin wanted Woo Woo to be happy? Very. He regretted every word he let out. Now he was no different from some of the people Jimin had told him about. No different than the man he protected Jimin from at the café.

Yoongi's face dropped into his palms, he took deep breaths in hopes of feeling a little easier towards the situation he got himself into. But regardless, there was still that small voice in the back of his head scolding him for what happened with Jimin. He knew he liked Jimin, and these days it seemed that maybe, just maybe, Jimin may have liked him too. Whether it be as a person he could trust; or maybe even the same way Yoongi liked him. But what help would knowing that be for it only made him feel even worse. He hurt someone he liked. He couldn't take back the words, even if he apologizes for them. Jimin said that he wanted to make people happy because it made him happy. So what right does he have to make Jimin feel bad about that?

Maybe those people all those years ago were right. Daewon was right. He's nothing but an antisocial freak who couldn't manage to keep people he cherished around him. Who would want to be around someone like him? He had trust issues and has always been scared to approach of people; afraid of disappointing them or making a fool out of himself. He was never outgoing; it was always others who had to approach him first. He hated that about himself. Why? Because people get tired. Once is enough, but no one wanted to come to him anymore because he never made the effort in making relationships with him. So why did it seem so different this time? Why does he feel that he pushed the most important person to him away?

Sure, he had Namjoon and Jungkook. He's very fond and grateful that they were a part of his life. He's glad that they still want to be around him; even after what he did in the past. He loved his friends and would do anything for them, but why does the thought of losing Jimin like how he lost all those people years back scare him so much? Why does that thought make him feel so sick inside? Jimin was out of his league to begin with. He was aware of it. But now that they've spent so much time together recently, it felt to him that something was missing everytime Jimin wasn't present. Fuck, he's attached to someone again. Someone who will eventually leave him too. And that someone this time is no other than Park Jimin. And to add on, he almost lost Woo Woo today too. What would have happened if he did? He was given the responsibility to care for the kid, and he put him in great danger. What kind of person was he? Why is he so prone to losing people so much? Yoongi could feel his breaths getting heavier and heavier the longer he's stuck with all his thoughts. He didn't even realize the tears that pooled in his eyes until a drop made its way down his delicate cheek. Yoongi sniffled.

"Hyungie?"

Yoongi turns to see Woo Woo crawling towards him, "What's wrong hyung?" Woo Woo then takes a seat beside Yoongi, wrapping his short arms around the older and hugging him from the side. "Why is hyungie sad?"

Yoongi quickly wiped his tears away- turning around so the kid wouldn't see him do so. "Nothing, buddy. I was just worried for you, you know... about what happened earlier. I'm sorry."

Woo Woo shook his head, "Woo Woo was the one who went in there hyung. It's not hyung's fault. I'm sorry hyungie," he pouted.

"Yes but I'm in charge of you, remember? Your mom trusted me to watch you."

"It's okay hyung! We can keep it as a secret!"

Yoongi smirked, "Yeah, but it isn't that easy kid. She has to know."

Woo Woo frowned, "Alright then. But hyung," his eyebrows furrow, "Why were you crying?"

Yoongi was dumbfounded. How was he supposed to explain?

"Because...I love you. Believe it or not. And I don't want you hurt."

"Hmm, hyung?"

"Yeah?"

"What does love really mean?"

Yoongi raises his brows, "What do you mean? Why do you wanna know?"

"Mama said that love is like giving all your cookies to someone even if they only asked for one. She said that she would give me all her cookies. Is that all what it means?"

"Well, people can define it in their own way."

Woo Woo gives him a look of pure confusion.

"Think of it this way. Love is like a puzzle. It's hard to figure out and it can get frustrating, but once you figure it out, it's a beautiful thing. To me, I'm an uncompleted puzzle... waiting for the last puzzle piece to come and make me whole."

"Oh!" Woo Woo hops up and stands on the bed.

"What?"

"So hyungie is waiting for Jiminie hyung?"

Yoongi's face drops, "W-what?"

"Woo Woo saw hyungie give all his cotton candy to Jiminie hyung even if Jiminie hyung only asked to try some. And when Jiminie hyung went to talk to his friends, you seemed sad hyung!"

Oh shit. Yoongi remembered how some people from school ran into them earlier at the zoo. He even overheard one of the girls ask him to prom, but he walked away before he could even hear Jimin's response. None of it was his business anyways, but he had to admit- it made him walk away with a heavy heart. But who was he to feel a little jealousy? He has his own date already. And he can't just bail on his sunshine like that.

"And then," Woo Woo continued, "When Jiminie hyung came back and said he didn't want to hang out with them after you said he could if he wanted to, you had the biggest smile hyungie!"

"I- "

"Jiminie hyung is hyung's puzzle piece!" Woo Woo beamed.

- - -

LMAOOO I did not proofread any of that but here we are 🗿