> 131 <

"Good evening, everyone! The time has come for the slow dance you've all been anticipating! Take your partners and make your way down to the dance floor! Happy prom!" The emcee announced.

Couples made their way to the middle of the room, even those who were there with just their friends decided to dance in a group. That including; Taehyung and Jungkook and Namjoon, Seokjin and Hoseok; who were quietly figuring out how to put their hands on each other to dance as a trio in the far back of the crowd.

Yoongi cleared his throat, "I... I know I'm not who you were expecting tonight, but would you give this dance to me?" He said, thoughts hopeful. He didn't know what he was thinking of, just that he was shooting his shots and wished that Jimin would let him. He heard a faint chuckle before Jimin took the hand —the cold, shaking hand— he offered in his and nodded. Yoongi beamed, leading them both to where half the venue was by now.

Once they chose where to stand, Yoongi scratched his head and leaned over to whisper in Jimin's ear, "Look, I know I started this but... I um... I actually have no idea how to dance."

Jimin burst out laughing, making Yoongi's eyes go wide and his cheeks flush with embarrassment. Jimin took one step closer to him, "I'll show you. Just look at me."

There was something in those words that suddenly made Yoongi feel at ease. Like he had no other worries because Jimin was there, that everything would be okay because Jimin was there. But how long will he be there for him? After tonight? When Yoongi finally manages to tell him? How quick things would change when Jimin finds out? Yoongi's breath hitched.

"Hey, we'll be fine," Jimin assured. Will they be?

Yoongi had his left hand firmly, but gently placed on Jimin's side. Jimin securely wrapped his arms around Yoongi's nape. "See? We've got this," Jimin winked.

Yoongi gazed upon his eyes, his favourite pair. The ones that would turn into little moon crescents whenever he smiled. The ones that Yoongi would occasionally find himself lost in. The rhythm of their bodies that danced slowly with the elegant music was passionate. It was rough at first, but the two managed to monitor their steps and dance together, Yoongi's eyes not leaving Jimin's throughout.

Yoongi even twirled him around in the next song, also dipping him as he'd lean forward closer to the younger. This had Jimin into a giggling mess— both boys  entertained and ashamed of their actions. But... happy. And that's all that mattered at that moment.

Staring at the beauty before him, Yoongi's breathing became shallow and his heart weighed heavier inside his chest. With their bodies nearly touching one another's, neither didn't even notice how close their faces were to each others. Locking eyes, they were unable to keep away from each other. Like two magnets attracted by opposite poles. There was something in between them that the older couldn't quite put his finger on. What Yoongi guessed could be the cliché "spark" they talk about in books and movies. He wasn't a believer of that at all, at least, not until this very moment.

It took everything he had in him to not lean forward any closer, to stay behind the boundaries he's drawn for himself. But, what use were his boundaries for, when the next second he found himself being drawn in to those gorgeous, pink, plushy, pillow lips? Pressing his own against them.

- - -

It's 3 AM :D