> 142 <

Eyes shut and lost in the melody of the sounds resonating throughout the music room, Yoongi continues to dance his fingers on the ivory keys. Every note of the song was meaningful, each one pieced his memory of the first time he attempted to impress a certain pretty boy with bubblegum hair at the café. It was his favorite song, the song in which its lyrics reminded him so much of how he perceives the people closest to his heart. A thousand years. The story of waiting for someone you've loved for a long time to return, being afraid to be broken, yet still not giving up on your love for them. Whenever he hears this song, he instantly remembers the same two people each time. Jimin and his father. The lyrics may seem to be directed to a lover and to suit the symbolism of Jimin more, but there is not one day that goes by that Yoongi doesn't think about his father. He missed him. He missed him a lot. And maybe, even after all the times people have told him to forget about the person who left him without a word, there was still a sliver of hope that one day they'll meet again. He just wanted him to come back, and he was willing to keep waiting for the day his questions get answered.

"That's my favourite song." Yoongi snaps out of his thoughts hearing a familiar voice. His eyes open to see Jimin leaning against the door frame, hands stuffed in the pocket of his ripped jeans, gaze down on his own sneakers.

"Jimin?"

"I'm sorry," Jimin finally looks up to meet eyes with Yoongi, taking a few steps into the room to sit beside the older on the cushioned bench in front of the piano.

"For what? I'm the one that should—"

"Because I told you I'd be there for you no matter what. But... I wasn't." Jimin lays his hand on top of Yoongi's left hand resting on his own knee.

"I understand why you reacted that way. I know you probably felt cheated and—"

"Now I understand why you didn't tell me. Why you were so afraid to talk to me about it. And... why Daewon doesn't like you."

Yoongi gulped, "You... You know?"

Jimin nods, "I know."

"Did they tell you?"

Another nod from Jimin, "They wanted to help you."

Yoongi takes a deep breath and exhales, "I guess you were bound to find out anyways."

Jimin hums, "So..." he clears his throat, "I read the letter."

Yoongi's heart skips a beat. Jimin read it. Jimin read his reasons... his confessions.

"I understand that you probably don't feel the way that I do. And I get it, I've said so myself. I'm not enough to bring you the happiness you deserve—"

"I love you too."

Yoongi stops talking, heart now pounding so much that he thinks his ribcage would break. He stares at Jimin, eyes glued on him and so focused on watching the younger's face slowly getting closer and closer to his. Next thing he knew, soft pillowy lips linger on his own. It may have only lasted a few seconds, but that was enough to throw Yoongi completely off guard.

- - -

lmao I'm so sleepy it's almost 3 am goodnight