> 130 <

Yoongi eyed all the people on the dance floor, swaying to the beat of the music pounding through the speakers. Bodies colliding with each other, laughter and singing echoing throughout the entire venue. It was open dance floor, everyone who wanted to let loose and show off their moves were free to do so— including Yoongi's friends. He watched Namjoon jump around with Seokjin and Hoseok to some throwback 90s song remixes, how big each of their smiles were. He then turned over to look near the middle, where Jungkook and Taehyung were, for some reason, doing the tango. Lots of people were watching them too, laughing at the couple who messed up almost every step and in fact— even stepping on each other. But nonetheless, having the time of their lives.

It made Yoongi feel warm inside to know that people who were close to him were happy. It made him partly happy too. But the thought of a certain pretty boy with bubblegum hair kept on tugging at his chest.

Do what you think is right, even if it means one of you get hurt. Yoongi spotted him sitting at a table by himself near the stage — where he said he would be. He observed how his little prince laid his gaze at the entrance. How his pout was so emphasized that it looked like he had a cute little beak from Yoongi's angle.

And so, he's decided... It wasn't going to be Jimin. He's concluded that he'd rather have the younger despise him rather than have him cry over him. Yoongi took a deep breath.

"Hey Jimin," Yoongi smiled, catching the younger's attention. Yoongi watched Jimin stuff the sheet of paper he was holding into his pocket and turn away to wipe his face. He internally sighed. Damn it, why did he have to be such a coward? Why did he have to hurt his Jimin like that?

"Oh, hi hyung! You look great!" Jimin gave him a thumbs up. It emotionally and even physically hurt Yoongi. Jimin is too precious for his own good, and that was crushing Yoongi inside.

"You look amazing, Jiminie."

"Thank you," Jimin grinned.

"Are you waiting for someone? You seemed like you are." Yoongi mentally slapped himself. Yeah, good job Yoongi.

"I-I'm still waiting for my date," Jimin responded, voice quiet. It was evident on his delicate face that he was disappointed. All because Yoongi couldn't just straight up tell him. The older's heart sank. "He said he'd meet me today. But I guess he dipped once he realized that I was his date," Jimin shrugs, "I don't blame him," he faked a smile. Yoongi felt as if what's left of his heart was suddenly ripped out of his chest. He shook his head, his cold hands on and cupping Jimin's soft cheeks, the younger's face now squished in between Yoongi's palms.

"Don't you ever think that way. Anyone would be lucky as fuck to have you as their date. You're worth more than the treasures of this world, okay? Your date is just too fucking stupid to come up to you because they aren't good enough for you."

"But hyung, he's really important to me. I can't just think that way. He's been a great friend, he has a big heart and a personality I've grown fond of. I can't just say that he's not good enough for me and believe it. And besides, I'm just really upset that he couldn't even give me a text or something to let me know why he can't do it. He left me a note, saying so. I don't know what it exactly means. Can't do what? Be seen with me in front of all these people?"

Yoongi stared directly into the glassy eyes he's met with, his throat getting dryer and dryer each second that passes. There was a repetitive voice inside his head chanting, 'tell him', yet Yoongi seemed to be just as frozen as he was earlier in his first attempt to approach Jimin.

All of a sudden, before thoughts turned into words— the lights dimmed and the music slowed down. The song went from a remix, to a sweet, gentle sound of a violin. The two boys peered at the stage to perceive that a live band began to play at the queue of their director.