Chapter 1

Max's POV

The sun's rays shone through my window as I finished editing a Runescape video. I sighed before leaning back in my chair to take in a quick breather, "I can't belive I defeated the final boss. Luckily with the help of my new friend, 'YourPalMiku.'

A small smile cracked on my face as I watched the nature outside of my window. The wind beat itself against my house as I quickly realized that it was 10:00. 10:00 is the usual time that I head out to the Cresent Falls coffee shop. I quickly turned off my computer before I lunged for my closet. I quickly pulled my apron over my T-shirt and tied the strings before heading out of my room. My parents were sitting in the living room watching the television and they didn't seem to realize that I was still home. My mom turned to look at me and a look of astonishment filled her dark brown eyes, "Max, your still here? You need to get going!"

"I know mom. I was just finishing a quick game of Runescape." I turned towards the large front door and as I creaked open the door I yelled over my shoulder, "Goodbye mom and dad!" As I walked out of the door, I glanced behind me before mumbling to myself, "I should really start to look for an apartment to move into. I'm finally 19 and I need to stop living with my parents." I shook the thought away before racing down the side-walk. The breeze ruffled my ginger hair as birdsong lingered in the sky overhead.

Thanks to the coffee shop behind three minutes away from my house, I would not get fired from my job. I pushed open the big glass doors to find my girlfriend Cheese addressing orders from the counter. Cheese's real name was Krista but, almost everyone called her Cheese for her love of all things cheesey. Cheese pushed her long caramel brown hair away from my eyes as I raced over to join her.

"What took you so long! Our shift began 3 minutes ago!" Chesse glowered her green eyes at me as I casually scratched my head to try and think of an excuse but before I could make up and excuse Cheese continued speaking, "Anyways you can take the rest of the orders while I prepare them!"

I sighed as I watched her walk away. I didn't want her to think I was lazy so I always covered myself with a mouthful of lies but, I felt as though it was the wrong way to live through a relationship. Sadly, I didnt know how to breakup with a girl. I'm always scared that I might end up hurting them more then I mean to. As I shook the thought out of my mind, the front door to the coffee shop swung open and my three friends, Charlie, Pookie, and Jerry strolled inside. Charlie paused at the counter and gave me a cool smirk before I began to speak, "What do you guys want... my day was going just fine before you walked in."

"Max! That is not a way to treat a customer!" Charlie bellowed before continuing, "Anyways, we just came in to use the wifi here. I'll see you later Max~." Charlie sang as his black hair waved from his sudden movement. Charlie winked at me once more before he skipped off towards a table in the far corner of the coffee shop. Jerry watched me with a blank expression before following Charlie, leaving Pookie to remain by the counter.

"Max, I need your help." Pookie whispered in a serious tone. I glanced at Pookie in concern before asking him what was up and to my surprise; my OTP was going to sail. "Max, can you give me a little love advice?"

"Love advice? Pookie who are you going to ask out!?" I narrowed my eyebrows before giving off a classic smirk, "Is it by chance, Jeramiah?" Jerry and Pookie were always too friendly with each other and their entire friend group realized that. Even though Jerry always denied it, Pookie stayed silent but, each time; his face burned a brighter shade of red.

"Oh shut up Max!" Pookie yelled as his dad face turned red. "Just tell me how to get Jerry- I mean the love of my life to love me!"

"Well you just-" I paused as I realized I didnt exactly know how to answer that question until Cheese walked away from the coffee machine.

"You just need to be yourself. I'm sure Jer- your crush will love you for you." Chesse smiled at us before she walked back in the direction she came.

Maybe Cheese is right, I shouldn't of lied to her about who I really am. I paused midthought as I realized Pookie was talking to me, "Anyways thanks for the help Max. I guess I should go to their table before they become suspicious. Oh and can I get three coffees." Pookie paused as he whispered under his breath, "That should help with their suspicions..."

As Pookie walked away I strolled towards the kitchen and pushed the dark brown door to the side as I entered, "We need to prepare three coffees." I sighed as I began to search for the styrofoam I was paused abruptly by the sound of the glass doors opening. I turned my head abruptly towards the small window that looked out towards the counter to find a teenager walking inside, the teenager had light dirty blonde hair and dark eyes. A pair of glasses sat on the crook of his nose.

I looked at Cheese and walked out of the kitchen and met the guy who stood behind the counter, "Welcome, may I get you anything?"

The teenager looked at me for a moment before shaking his head, "Acctually I was just wondering if I could borrow your wifi. I need it for a game I'm playing."

"Oh wha-." I paused before letting out a cough, "I mean- sure you can but- don't you want to order anything?"

"Sure I'll take a Mountain Dew." The teenager replied as he slid me his credit card, as I slid the card across the card slot his name appeared on the small computer screen beside me, his name was Ross and it showed all of his orders. All of which were the same thing, Mountain Dew. As I gave Ross his card I watched him walk away towards a nearby table. I shook my head before I headed into the kitchen to grab his Mountain Dew. I strolled towards his table and found my eyes lock with his screen. The teenager was on the sign-in screen of Runescape and his name was already typed in, 'YourPalMiku'

"YourPalMiku!?" I asked as he turned to look at me in astonishment.

The teenager looked at the ground in embarrassment before looking up and nodding at me, "Yeah, that's me. Are you a fan of my friend Mithzan? Cool guy, right."

"Hah, yeah." I say, I wanted to tell him that I was Mithzan but, I couldn't find the courage instead I flash him a quick smile, "I-er here is your soda!" I say quickly as I throw the soda down on the table before I turn around quickly and run back the way I came.

My heart pounded in my chest as I watched Ross shrug before opening his Mountain Dew. I couldn't believe my eyes. Did I really just meet my first fan? The one fan whose stuck with me for these past two years.

I felt my heart skip a beat as a small smile crossed my face, "I know what to do! I'll send him an invite tonight to meet me here for coffee- or Mountain Dew! I sighed quietly as I quickly rushed away to give Charlie and the others their coffee's. I hope I didn't frighten him.

Credit:
Photo founded by Mithzan/Max