Chapter 16

Max's POV

I watched as Ross quickly walked away from me, and he retreated towards two of the soldiers. I frowned at him for a moment and watched him twitch his ears at me before turning his gaze away from me. I slowly stood up and followed Krista and Amy meanwhile Jerry followed closely behind me. As soon as we reached the soldiers. The two of them began to lead us towards our so called, 'Bedroom,' I through one last glance over my shoulder but, my heart broke as a large crowd of soldiers and teenagers broke into my field of vision.

As soon as we settled down, a large scientist walked inside. However none of us felt fear, for some reason this man did not seem to act like the other scientists. This man wore a light cloud gray lab coat and his goggles hung around his neck. As soon as he entered the room. A strongly built guard quickly stood beside the exit, making it impossible to escape.

"Good Afternoon children, my name is Mr. Lolips, I am the head magic's teacher." Before any of us could say anything the man began to pace around us. "Ah, yes. Very interesting group of children indeed." The man paused in front of me and for a split second his face looked awfully familiar. As I began to ponder about where I could of seen him before he quickly marched to the center of the small room.

"First we will start with- how about you young 'lass?" The man smiled as he looked in the direction of Krista. Krista hesitantly stood up and strolled forward until she was right beside the man. "Young lady, I am going to need you to close your eyes." Her eyes slowly closed as the man began to circle around her, the same way that a culture would circle its prey. "Now, think of one of your saddest memories. Don't say allowed just, think it." As Krista's fists tightened I watched in astonishment as she began to float off of the ground.

"Excellent my dear, excellent!" The man began to applaud as Krista began to fly around the room in excitement, "Now then, everytime you want to fly-" I quickly zoaned out as I pondered about Ross's squirrel features. I don't know why but, even though Ross was cute enough the squirrel ears made him look like an anime character.

"Max... Max, snap out of it!" A voice sounded behind me, I quickly looked around the room to find Jerry shaking my shoulders meanwhile gue doctor only watched in awe.

"I- Oh- Err, I'm awake!" I quickly studder as my eyes glanced around the room once more.

"It's your turn. Please imagine your worse fear..."

"Worse fear, shouldn't I do the same thing you asked of Krista?"

"Oh right I forgot to tell you. As you can see everyone in this room has a different personality, leading to a bunch of different auras. Within each aura the only way to find your powers is to ask a question that is different from the other auras. Now then, will you please think of your worse fear!"

My worse fear... I never exactly thought of my worse fear. I closed my eyes slowly as I began to listen to the beating of my heart, as a child my worse fear was that my parents would find out that I'm gay. They always seemed like the type of parents who wanted a 'normal' family. I sighed as I began to think of everything that happened in the past month. For some reason the only thing that struck my heart was the feeling of worry everytime Ross crossed my mind. I guess I was worried about Ross more than anything, leaving my worse fear to be the thought of losing him. Loosing my little squirrel...

I blinked away a tear as I opened my eyes, the sound of applauding filled the room, I quickly glanced around and astonishment struck me as I watched a golden Z that was outlined in blue hover in the air in front of me. I quickly look around in fear but the golden Z quickly dissapeared with a loud, crack.

"What'd I do!" I quickly glanced around  until the scientist laid a hand on my shoulder.

"You my boy, have a very unique Aurora. Your power is to fight with a golden Z."

"Well that sounds lame." I scoffed as the girls laughed at me in amusement.

"No, your power is pretty much illusions. That Z of yours can become your enemies worst nightmare." A tiny of fear hinted the scientist's voice as he continued to speak.

"Oh, cool!" I smiled at him as he walked away towards Amy, at least I didn't get anything dumb like super strength or water breathing. I quickly climbed into my metal bed and watched as Amy and Jerry found out their power.

Minutes passed until the two of them found out their powers, Amy was telepathic, allowing her to enter someone's mind to tinker around with it meanwhile Jerry's was the lamest of the four. Jerry's power ended up being water breathing. Apparently if we needed to use our powers, we needed to chant the power three times in our head. As soon as the man left, everyone fell into silence. Which finally gave me some time to ponder about the latest events.

I frown as I thought of how stupid that would of looked in battle. On a television screen you would just find both opponents closing their eyes while muttering something under their breath. My gaze darted around the room until I fell back into my bed, "Night guys..." I quietly mutter as I close my eyes slowly.

Credit
Mithzan and yourpalross