Chapter 3

ABBY POV
I look back at the tower gleaming in all its glory as if to spite me. It survived the whole world ending yet my daughter couldn't survive a bullet. I grab Clarke's hand as we ride back to Arkadia on the back of a wagon. Octavia looks from her position on the horse back to me as if to see Clarke up and awake. She's done that twice in the last five minutes. Clarke can't be dead it's not possible I've been performing cpr on her the whole ride back. Our escorts, the Heda insisted on being with us, keep looking back at me with pity. Screw them. Clarke's strong, she'll make it through. Before we left Polis Clarke still had a heart beat, faint, but still there. We tried to send word to the commander but she refused to listen to anyone. I suppose she feels guilty about Clarke, she should.

I peel my eyes off of Clarke to see the gates of Arkadia approaching. I hear commands but all of them muffled.

"Abby? Abby are you ok?"
"Abby!" Kane shook me out of my trance.

"Yes, yes. Get Clarke to the med bay. Now!"
I shout feeling lightheaded as I climb off the wagon.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Kane asked catching me.

"Yes. I-I'm fine."
I ensured swaying to the med bay.

"Get, get me some medicine!" I ordered.

"Abby, are you'feeling alright?"
Jackson said before I felt my body collapse to the ground.

I stir uncomfortable with my sleeping position until I realize where I am. With a sharp gasp I sit up and rip the IV out of my arm.

"Finally you're awake. You passed out from dehydration and exhaustion. It's been quite a day without you." Jackson chuckles.

I look up at him until my vision finally focuses.
"Where's Clarke!?" I shout finally taking in the situation.

"Relax she stabilized over an hour ago. It was a tough fight without you but she made it through."

"What? Where is she?" I ask stumbling off of the bed.

I follow Jackson to a stretcher in the other room. I look at my beautiful girl sleeping peacefully then shoot my eyes to the monitor. Stabilized like he said.
"I'll be sleeping here if you don't mind." I say

"Wouldn't expect anything less." I hear a man say.

"Marcus." I reply.

"Hey. I was about to send word to Lexa that Clarke's alive. Don't want to start a war over her right." He laughs.

"No." He looks at me puzzled. "Clarke being with Lexa almost got her killed. They don't have our medicines or technology over there!"

"You mean they don't have you." Kane looks down at me saddened by my response.

"Just. Kane please don't." I plead.

"I'll see what I can do." He responds. I let out a sigh. "We'll talk about this in the morning." He says as he kisses me on the forehead. He looks back at Clarke before leaving me to sleep.

I wake up to the sound of tape being ripped and see Clarke getting out of the stretcher.
"Hey, Clarke what are you doing?" I say as I try to calm her down.

"I-I need to tell Lexa that I'm safe that I'm here." She rushes to get out of the room.

"Clarke I will explain everything later, but I'm afraid that can't happen." My heart breaks as her fav falls. In a beat I realize what I just said. She must think Lexa died. I kneel down to comfort her wrapping her in my arms.

"Mom, this was all my fault. I put the target on her back. Because of me she's gone." She cried into my shoulder. I don't know if it's the blood loss or the lack of sleep, but she honestly believes that Lexa's been killed. I don't know what happened back at Polis but I refuse to allow my daughter back in that war zone.

I hear a soft knock and see Kane standing in the door way watching us.
"What happened here." He says confused at the whole situation.

"L-Lexa!" Clarke cries into the floor.

Kane looks like he's about to say something before I shoot him a glare. I reach down to Clarke and help her into one of the beds as she calms down looking off into space.
I walk out of the med bay to find Kane there waiting for me.
"Abby why is Clarke acting as though Lexa's dead?" He asked, accusing me.
I feel my blood begin to boil at his demeanor.
"You don't know what kind of danger Clarke was in at that place. She came home to me with a bullet in her abdomen Marcus!"
"Abby, Clarke deserves to know the truth."
His face reddens as he tries not to alert everyone to our argument.
"Maybe she does. But I refuse to allow her to leave me again." I state.
"Clarke loves that girl!" Kane yells.
"I love Clarke!"

"You really want to make her throw everything away for what you think is right for her?" Kane looks at me in disbelief.

"I want to keep her safe!" My eyes grow glossy as Marcus rakes his hand through his hair.
He looks straight into my eyes.
"Look around Abby. We wouldn't be here if it weren't for Clarke. She finally finds something to live for and you want to take that all away. Abby who have you become." He turns on his heel and begins to walk around the corner.
"I am a mother who refuses to let her daughter die!" I scream not caring who hears. All I need is Clarke and we'll all be alright. I'll be alright.