Chapter 32

INDRA POV
I've been by the fire since Lexa last left. The assassins have been tied up against a tree. They might actually be more annoying than children. Bellamy keeps trying to untie himself when he thinks no one's watching. I scoff at him. The warriors have been trying to taunt them with food, then laughing at their struggle to reach it.

"Hod op emo aren't animals!" I order. They back off of them snickering. I walk up to them a scowl smeared on my lips.

"I will give you peace before your death. Yours though." I look at Pike.
"That I will take personally." He maintains contact with me as Bellamy lunges forward, only to be pulled back by the rope.

"Don't waste your breathe." I mutter leaving them. There's a ruckus on the trail. I silently signal to three of my warriors to go and check it out. I take out my blade and keep an eye on the assassins. If this is an escape party, they're sure failing.
"Heda!" I hear a warrior cry.
My body contracts as I relax. I place my blade into my sheathe and stand tensely waiting to see Lexa. She rounds the corner with Clarke and Lincoln.
I walk up to them and bow my head.

"Heda." I greet holding onto her horse.

"Indra. I need to speak with you." I nod and hand her horse to a warrior. We leave Clarke and Lincoln and walk into her empty tent.
I've known Lexa her whole life, so when she begins to pace I begin to panic.

"Where's Kane." I ask finally noticing his absence.

"I told their people Clarke would be Skaikru's Ambassador." She waits for my reaction.

"Lexa, that can't happen. All the other Ambassadors want is her dead. To give her a title puts her at even more risk. Titus won't allow it." She clearly has gone mad.
She takes a blade and spins it in between her fingers, thinking.
"Ok, so we bring in Gaia. We can finally officiate her as the Fleimkepa. Your daughter is ready for the position correct?" I nod confused.
"We'll say that Clarke's people insisted she not be taken as prisoner, and her title is to keep her in Polis so she can't attack us." She nods to herself as if trying to convince herself.

"Lexa you know that won't work." I say sternly. She throws her dagger across the room and into a chair.

"It will because I say it!" She shouts.
"Why does everything have to be so difficult surrounding her?" She mutters. She waves me off and I take that as my cue to leave. As if walk out her tent I see Clarke staying on the outskirts of the warriors. I wave her down and she sheepishly follows.

"Trouble seems to follow you Clarke." I say as she nears.
She nods knowing she can't deny it.
"But it seems as though you may be pardoned."

She scrunches her face when I say this.
"Do I even deserve a second chance at this point?"

"Whether you deserve it or not it's been given to you. It's in you best interest to use it wisely." I hiss leaving Clarke.
I walk over to the tied up men and back to Clarke.

"You'd do anything for her, wouldn't you Bellamy?"
I reach down and take his gag off.

"I used to, but not anymore. She's with the enemy now. She's with you." He sneers. I gag him earning the response I wanted.

"But you are doing something for her. You will die for her."