Chapter 7

CLARKE POV
It's almost time for dinner when I settle for bed, exhausted.
Turns out not everyone is as happy to see me out of my room. Especially those I looked most forward to seeing again. I focus on a small part on my wall before I look through the drawings in my bedside table. I grab one of Lexa and stick it to the wall. I crawl under the covers and stare into her eyes. May we meet again. I murmur not wanting to take my eyes off of her.
It's about 9:00pm when someone comes into the room yanking my arm out.
"Hey!"
She looks shocked I'm even awake.
"Sorry Clarke orders from your mom." She says holding up a saline bag.
I sigh obliging as she sticks a needle in me letting the liquid seep into my system. I watch as the door closes, and my eyes suddenly become very heavy.

"She's dead asleep huh?." I hear someone say as I stir awake. By the way I'm moving it looks like I'm being carried on someone's back. Trying to fight the exhaustion I lift my head and realize we're walking away from the Ark. I try to scream at whoever is carrying me but all that comes out is nonsense.
"Heyyy.. yyouu puuutt..... mee.. doowwn." I slur.
"It'll be alright Clarke." I hear a light chuckle from a woman. I look back at the Ark and decide anywhere is better than here, and let them carry me to wherever without a fight.

I'm about to fall asleep on someone's rock hard back when I hear a shout.

"Hey it's the grounders!"
Almost immediately an alarm goes off and all guards rush outside along with some civilians awoken by the ruckus. I feel myself being dropped as whoever was carrying me is tackled to the ground.
"Get the hell off of him Bellamy!" I hear a woman cry before a sword is drawn. I can hear someone lurch after being punched and try to look up to see what's happening but I can barely move my body. I limply feel myself be picked up again by my shirt and can tell they aren't as strong as whoever was holding me before.
I hear a loud shot ring next to my feet and finally use my strength to open my eyes.
Hey it's Octavia and Lincoln. I laugh at the sight of them together. They're adorable, but they both look scared. Whoever's holding me let's go of my shirt and puts an arm protectively over my chest pulling my closer to him. I take in the warmth and snuggle my head closer to their shoulder. It's so cold out.

"What did you do to her?" The person holding me yells.
"Did you drug her?" He says in disbelief.
I look up and see it's Bellamy holding me. I laugh groggily at the sight. Just a couple hours ago he hated me. I look around as the world spins. There's grounders at the gates and guards surrounding the four of us. I look back at Octavia and watch as she leaps in front of Lincoln. I feel Bellamy shift and look up to see he's pointing a gun at Octavia now.
"Don't make me do this O!"
He yells.
"This is a fight you can't win Bellamy!" She yells in return. Everyone seems frozen as they watch the battle.
"You won't shoot me." She says confidently arms up.
"True," Bellamy says scruffily. "but I can shoot her." I feel a cold metal barrel pressed against my head I try to move my head to see what it is but he won't let me.

"Bellamy no!" I hear my mother scream.
"I'm sorry Abby. She's caused our people too much pain. Maybe with her death the grounders will learn to stay away."
He presses the metal closer to my head.
"Ow." I say annoyed.

"It's going to be ok Clarke. Listen to me I will get you out of this."
I hear my mom say. A weak smirk is brought to my lips. Murphy was right, she is a priss! My vision shakes as Octavia steps closer to me.

"One more step and I shoot!" Bellamy yells.
"Please don't do this! She's helpless in all of this! Look at her!" Octavia cries. I look up at Bellamy as he looks down at me and stop laughing at the coldness of his face.
The second he looks down at me I am pushed to the ground and I can hear a gunshot fire.
I groan annoyed.
I look up to see Octavia helping me up, and to my left guards taking Bellamy away.
"Are you alright?" Mom yells at me running. She raises my arms and checks my torso then my stitching going over every precaution. I look up at her and frown.

"Abby she's coming with us." A man says in authority.
"Marcus she is not!" I watch as Kane comes into view.
"I'm truly sorry Abby, please forgive me. It's for our people." He looks to someone and nods. Two guards apprehend my mom as I stumble against Octavia. After tripping a few times I feel myself get picked up again by the same man.
"Put me downn!" I authorize dazed while I'm set on a horse. I rollover to my stomach and nearly fall off when someone catches me before I hit the ground. I'm leaned against the gate where all I can see are stars.

"We will be back soon, to further discuss a treaty in the event of the the killing of 300 grounders! In the meantime Abby will be the temporary chancellor." Kane says and walks up to me. I'm picked up again and huff loudly.

"How much did they give her?" Octavia asks.
"Obviously too much." Kane chuckles.
I'm dropped back onto a horse and wrap my legs around it.
I feel someone wrap me in a fur and jump behind me onto the horse before whistling to get start moving.
I sigh annoyed as I let myself fall into sleep following the pace of the hooves.