Chapter 31

CLARKE POV
I walk into Arkadia trying not to limp and am surprised to see almost everyone greeting me. Some shout out my name while others just cheer. I blush at the recondition and quickly go inside the ark. Kane makes his way in front of me and leads us to an empty room, all besides a mock throne.
"It was something to busy everyone with." He replies indicating Lexa should sit down.
She looks at me astonished before sitting down comfortably.

"I assume all is well here?" I ask grabbing Kane's attention.

"All but your mother I'm afraid." I look at him confused, but he slides it off telling me he'll explain later.

"Anyways I believe the Commander should reach out to our people and discuss this later. You will probably need to stand by her side to ensure their trust in her, as I've seen you've gained so easily."
Kane looks away from me to Lexa.

"I'd like to get a good look of this camp." Lexa says climbing off of her throne. Kane nods and gestures to Lincoln who followed us in. He knows this camp as good as any.

"And I'd like to talk about my mother." I state.
Kane looks unsure then closes the doors behind Lexa and the rest as they leave.

"Your mother has been going through some things since you were here injured. I only recently figured out what it is." He looks uncomfortable saying this. My mind races until I can find onto one good answer.

"Kane, did you get my mother pregnant?" I ask shocked.
He takes a step back.
"No! No, Clarke she's been on pills."

"You're saying my mom's a drug addict." I state mind racing.

"No of course not, not yet. Right now she's just abusing pain medication. I've had eyes on her and she hasn't taken any since, but she has been getting a bit hysterical." He paces as if this is scary for him. Him!

"Withdrawal." I mutter.
"Well it seems at least she should recover, but what about kidnapping me, lying? Was that all drugs too?"

He shakes his head slightly.
"We can't know for sure."

But I already know. Drugs or not my mother would go to all lengths to keep me alive, even by losing me. I shake my head and leave the room, trying to distract myself. I walk outside and see Monty with Harper playing with the kids. I walk over to them and can already tell this will be distracting enough.

"Look! It's the princess who saved us from the mountain!" One cries out laughing. The others gape at me.

"Hi." I say waving.
They all surround me, touch my hair, high five me, or even tackle me. I look up from the ground and see Monty holding onto Harper looking down on me.

"I see the stories traveled." I laugh.

"Yup, the great princess who saved us and the wicked assassin." Harper laughs. My smile drops at the thought of Bellamy.

"Do people know what happened then?" I ask implying the assassins.

"Yeah, and thankfully the assassins were as cruel here as they were there, no one's going to miss them." Monty assures me. At least it makes that easier.

One girl climbs on top of my stomach and smiles brightly.

"Can you tell us about the Queen!" I look at her confused.

"Queen Nia?" How could they know about her.

"No Queen Commander!" She shouts giggling.

I sit up and place her in my lap. All the rest of the kids circle around and sit down, ready for a story. Monty and Harper slowly back away, and Harper winks at me before running off.
"Well the Commander's fancy name is Heda, and she's a beautiful young lady who rules over all 13 clans. She fights to protect and keep each and every one of you safe." I poke at their stomachs earning a laugh from them all.

"Tell us about Mt Weather and Heda!" A little boy squeals.
My heart falters. They probably don't know she abandoned us that day. I wonder if anyone here truly knows.

"I've got a better one." I insist, moving the topic.
"I helped Heda fight off a great monster in the woods!" They all awe at me.
"It attacked me, and the great Heda fought it off! We had to get away quick so we jumped into a low cage to protect ourselves. It fought and growled, but we outsmarted it and trapped it into a cage keeping all of us safe." I see Lincoln and Lexa from the corner of my eye.

"Hey you," I point to a little girl with bright green eyes.
"Why don't you finish the story for me?" I suggest standing up. I meet Lincoln and Octavia and smile warmly.
We're about to leave when I hear the end of her story.

"Then the Princess and Heda kissed and lived happily ever after!" She cries.
My face blossoms in blush and so does Lexa's. Lincoln stifles a laugh that gets him punched in the side.

"So this is the best time if any to speak to everyone." I say walking near the gates. Lexa nods and follows my lead.
Just us standing brings attention to us, so it's no issue gathering a crowd.

"Whether you may or may not know, we have now become the thirteenth clan to Heda, our Commander. She will protect us now that we are here on Earth, and we of her." I shout my voice booming. I move over so Lexa can take the lead.

"War has been going on for longer than it should. By the merging of your clan into my Coalition I've erased the possibility of that war. I, Lexa com Trikru, am your Heda. Skaikru is safe under my name, for all time!" She shouts. Everyone looks around appreciatively. Some scowl, unsure of the title, but it's no question that they will come around.

"Clarke will be brought back to the Capitol, Polis, to be your representative, your voice."
I shoot her a look. If she says I'm the ambassador for them, and leaves Kane here, we won't actually have an ambassador. Lexa looks back at me and pauses.

"Your ambassador."
My breath hitches as she stares into the oohs and ahhsof the crowd.

"Your leader has taken the brand of the Coalition, and in return we have taken those assassins from the camp. They are the only way to avoid war with your enemies, my enemies." Lexa keeps her stance as she speaks.
Everyone looks around concerned, but like Monty said no one's resisting. I turn around and see Lincoln holding our horses. I step in front of Lexa before we leave Arkadia.

"We are finally at peace!" I yell earning cheers from everyone. I probably should've stared with that. I look to Lexa and she nods, we mount our horses and leave just the way we came.