Chapter 27

LEXA POV
"I don't plan on it"
I grab onto Luna's outreached hand and stand up, putting my facade on. I grab a plate of meat from a warrior and head over to Clarke.

"I see you decided to come eat." I state pulling her attention away from Lincoln.

"Yea, guess it's at least one way to gain respect." She looks down then pulls me back away from the group. I set down my plate and walk to her.

"Do you really think you could keep our people from war?"
She whispers looking guilty.

"Clarke I know."
She immediately snaps her head up to scan my face.

"I overheard you talking to Lincoln. I know what happened." Her face shrinks in anger.

"You eavesdropped on my conversation?" She hissed.

"I was about to come in when I heard you speaking."

"That gives you no right to stay and listen!" Her voice grew to the point in which I was afraid someone may hear.

"You must realize I could have people spy on you Clarke," I could feel myself bursting. I take a deep breathe and speak again.
"but I won't. I won't because I trust you. I was at the wrong place wrong time, but I'm glad I was because something must be done Clarke."

"Are you talking about hurting my own mother?" She looks at me disgusted.

"Clarke, please calm down. I don't know what it's like to share that kind of bond with someone," her face softens as she realizes I don't know who my own mother is, my memories of her are practically nonexistent.
"but I can assure you she won't be harmed."
I stop speaking by the look on her face.
She stares blankly as if arguing with herself. She bites her lip then speaks.
"They have Kane as well. Bellamy's group is there. We can try to take him, but with Kane under my mother's hold they'll be unpredictable." She looks at me ashamed.

"It's not your fault Clarke. All we can do is head back to Polis. Only then can we make a decision on the matters. Please know that the Ambassadors will have to know of the incident." I pause reading her face. "Eventually."
Not waiting for her response I take a last look at her and head to Indra.

"Heda it is unwise to leave Wanheda unattended," she shrugs to Clarke. "She ran away today, and you mustn't let your affection cloud your judgement."
I look to Indra scowling at me.
I could lie to her, but she would be able to tell. Even though I as the Commander can silence her, she'll never let the lie pass.

"Indra," I whisper.
"Clarke was kidnapped."

"How?" She looks in disbelief.

"I don't know the details, but Clarke is to be trusted. Someone on the Coalition is not." I choose not to give her the details. She purses her lips angrily, and I can see her trying to figure out who she must kill.

Someone's yells in Trigedaslang, taking my attention away. I turn to the commotion and see a warrior holding a Skaikru captive.

"Heda! This one was found lurking outside of their perimeter!" He yells shoving the boy down.

"Murphy!" I hear Clarke yell. She hobbles to him and with a nod from me the warrior stands down.

"Believe it or not I'm here for a reason." The boy says. He hisses as Clarke cuts the rope around his wrists with a blade.

"I need to speak with the Commander, whoever that is." He shouts to everyone.
They scowl with the improper tone he uses.

Indra steps forward.
"You will give Heda your respect! Or she will have your head." Her words drip venom that doesn't seem the faze the intruder.
I hold a hand up as I step I front of her. She brings her blade down.

"What do you want," I take a moment to think
"Murphy of Skaikru."

"I'm not really apart of Skaikru, I'm more of my-ownkru alright."
I look at him annoyed, not even having to put up a mask.

"Ok, ok. Kane says we need warriors, friendly ones," he eyes the warrior who brought him here.
"I'd rather speak with.. uhh Heda in private though."

Indra whispers in my ear.
"Heda I don't trust him."
"Silence Indra."

I walk to my hut waiting for him to follow. He comes in slowly, followed by Clarke.
"Kane's practically being manipulated by Bellamy and his men, the dirtbags. He has no control over what happens as they threaten to hurt us, or something. He didn't really explain much." Murphy wanders around my tent, taking in my armor and maps.
I walk over to my desk and pick up the dagger stuck into the wood. I roll it around my fingers trying to concentrate.

"Great, she has a weapon." I hear Murphy mutter.

"Kane says he only needs warriors?" I ask looking at him.

"Yea, he didn't say for what." 

"You're dismissed." I call, waving him off.

"Yeah, I'd rather not go walk into a group of trained killers." I throw a sharp glare to him unconsciously gripping onto the dagger.

"You know what I think I'd rather take my chances."
He looks at Clarke before leaving the room.

"What should I do." I ask looking at the maps.

"Lexa, I don't know what to tell you." I can hear Clarke come towards me.

"Then tell me what you'd do."
Clarke's behind me angled towards the maps.

"I'd send two groups of warriors, one to speak." She stops not wanting to finish.
"And one for backup." She can't meet my eyes after she says this.
I stare at the side of her face knowing what she's about to say.

"I'm going with them." She states finally looking at me.
I stay there not breaking contact.

"Clarke you can't."

"They're my people Lexa, Kane has power over half and the other falls to Bellamy. Let me go and lead all of them."
She pleads.
I turn my focus back to the wall inhaling sharply.

I give her a small nod and she leaves. I take my blade and carve a sliver of wood from the desk. The feeling of being watched clouds my mind. I sigh.

"You may come in Indra."

She walks in with authority.

"You will command a group of four to Arkania. I will follow unseen with Clarke and five of my best warriors." She nods and leaves to make preparations. I step up to my throne and lean into it. My mind is wandering as the commanders whisper in my ear. I pull out Clarke's drawing and it all silences. I trace my fingers over the charcoal, picking some of the black pigment up. I take the powder and make a line on the back of my neck where no one can see. I drag my finger along my scar.

"To life." I murmur.