Chapter 28

KANE POV

From what I can tell I've been passed out since Clarke left. The suns already begun to rise and a guards been sent outside of the wagon. Abby isn't too happy about Clarke leaving and neither is Bellamy.

"Abby you can't protect her forever!" I yell into silence.

"She may be able to hold Lexa from attacking, but for how long!" My voice sounds like sandpaper against the wind.

Still no one answerers. I'm about to shout again when the wagon comes to a stop. Bellamy climbs into the wagon with me and cuts through the rope tied around my hands.

"Follow through with us and no one has to get hurt."
He yanks me up and out of the wagon.

"Bellamy please, you know what happened to Pike." I plead.
He ignores me and shoves me to the gate. I catch my step and walk through. No one gathers, and only a few watch. To them it was just a routine visit, not the kidnapping and possible war it actually is.
I'll need to stay low until I know who to trust.
I think as I walk into the Ark. Bellamy has left me for some other group and no one's thought to keep an eye on me. I wind through random hallways incase someone's following and head to the garage.

"Raven?" I call out.
Emori comes out with a toolbox and a grin on her face.

"Raven's in the back making more bullets, anything you need?" She seems happier than she was when she got here. At least someone see's the good in this place.

"Yes, have you seen Murphy? I need to speak with him." Her smile fades and she immediately goes defensive.

"Hey whatever he did was for a good reason. You kick him out you kick me out, and I'm the only thing close to a mechanic after Raven." She spits.

"It's nothing like that, now where is he." At any other time, I would've laughed at her response, but this isn't any other time.

"Try the gardens or mess hall." She eyes me as I thank her and leave.
Murphy is the only person who can do something for survival and not favor for someone. I jog back to the Ark, slowing down when I get looks from the people. I check every corridor and find him in the gardens.

"Murphy," I say quickly.
"We need to speak."
I pull him away into my office, and after I check if anyone's bugged the room I explain the situation.

"Ok so I get the whole don't want war thing, but why am I apart of this?" He asks annoyed.

"You're the only one who can leave and not be seen."
He takes a moment to think.

"Ok so why would I do this for you." He says gruffly.

"Because If war comes, I'm the only one here with with a chance of survival. You haven't seen them like I have, they will fight to the death until all of us are gone, whether only one survives of their kind or all of them. John they won't give up."

He leans against the wall uncomfortable.

"What do you need me to do?"

"Go to Polis and tell them we need warriors, friendly ones.
Give them this insignia." I hand him a piece of iron, casted into the commander's seal.
He grips onto before putting into his pocket.

"I'm doing this for Emori." He states before leaving.

Let's hope he's right because if not, we'll all be dead.

He left within the night forcing Emori to stay. I've played my part as the combatant Chancellor and I can see Abby grow uneasy every day. She seems jittery, out of focus.
I can only imagine what it's like to have your daughter leave you. Bellamy's taken more men in from Pikes old team. I know something will happen in Polis. They were supposed to have the assassins yesterday. If John doesn't get there soon we'll have a war at our hands, whether or not Lexa's leading it.

I've been outside of Arkania, sitting near a river in my free time. I hardly even notice when Abby shows up.

"Kane what did you do." She asks worriedly.

"Nothing that wasn't inevitable." I watch as a fish leaps into the air before diving back into the water.
They're small enough to where no one bothers them enough to catch them. How I wish I was that fish.

"Marcus there's five warriors from Trikru demanding they see you. If anyone finds out they will be killed. I don't want to partake in war Kane." She brings me out of my own thoughts.

"Or they will kill us, we're invaders on their land and yet you expect them to have peace." She keeps moving her feet, anxious.

"Where are they?" I ask standing up.
Abby hurriedly brings me outside of the gates where the warriors stand.

"Kane." Indra addresses me.

I nod to Abby who stands back allowing us to speak.

"What has happened here Marcus?" She growls.

"Is Clarke alright?" I look at the warriors, they all look aggravated.

"Yes she's alright, we found her at a Trikru village."

I sigh in relief.
"Abby isn't in a right state of mind Indra. There's something about her that's off." I shake my head.
"They control my position, I need to overtake my role as Chancellor." I move closer to her, whispering.
"The assassins group hunt at sunrise. You'll be able to take them with no repercussions. Ill find a way to tell the people after." She nods to me and I hear Abby come up.

"What have you done with my daughter!" She hisses.

I eye Indra imploring her not to tell.

"We haven't seen Wanheda since you killed her. We believed she was dead."
Abby's hand twitches. She's always had steady hands, hell she's a surgeon. I watch them before she crosses then in front of her chest.

"We've sent 3 search teams just today and none of them have come back with anything!" Abby looks enraged, she looks ready to fight.

"If it eases you I can assure you Wanheda will be found by our Heda." Indra states smugly.
Abby takes a step forward before I place my hand over hers. I can instantly feel her calm down.

"We will make camp near, if anything is done against our Coalition and treaty there will be a war coming." Indra climbs back onto her horse and leads the warriors to a clearing not far from the gates.

I take my hand off of Abby's and look at her.

"Abby are you alright?" She looks insane. Her eyes bulging.

"Yes, I'm fine." She takes a jittery hand and reaches into her pocket. She takes out a pill bottle before dropping it. I lean to pick it up.

"Abby what is this." I look at her shocked. Has she been taking these since Clarke's arrival?

"Give them back Kane," I don't budge. "They're for anxiety. Now would you please give them back?"

I take the bottle and tuck it into my jacket.
"You'll think clearly without them Abby."
I say under my breathe.
Abby looks to me uncertainly before returning to the camp.