Chapter 5

LEXA POV
I look down at the blanket Clarke bled on. I couldn't bare to let it go. Her death hurts me more than I can express, but I won't allow the same thing to happen as Costia. I lost my people that day. They thought of me as weak when I am anything but. Clarke meant more to me than Costia ever could, and Clarke's people meant the world to her, so I'm determined to keep them safe. Clarke was wrong. Peace is at the end of the rainbow and every rainbow starts with a storm.

I look out my window to my people below. They need me now than ever, and I need them. I already sent out a messenger to bring back Kane. Blood must have blood. Only after we punish those guilty we may then live at peace. Only then may we love. Only then may we grieve.

CLARKE POV
I've been staying in the med bay for a while not wanting to interact with the world. Lexa died without me. She died alone. I promised myself she'd never be alone, that I'd never be alone. Guess I let both of us down.
No one has told me how she died. I guess they want to keep me from breaking down again. Mom's never left my side when someone's with me. She seems afraid someone will say something too harmful, as if I'm a child. I don't care anymore. I'm never listening, just thinking. I have too much room to think. No fighting, no war. Nothing to worry about, yet all too much.
What has happened to Polis? What about the next commander? Will Aden back the 13th clan or will I be put up against another war?
I never truly got to say goodbye to Lexa. I regret not telling her I loved her. How could I be so stupid to let love blind me. It killed both of us, yet somehow I'm still standing.

I scream out in anger.

"Clarke sweetie. What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I say turning my back to her.

"Why should we keep on babying her?" I hear Murphy say. When did he get back here?
"She should get her ass up and help like the rest of us!"

"Murphy go back to whatever hole you came out of." I murmur falling back into my trance.

"Yea, no. While you lay down moping I'm trying to save us all from starvation! Hunting day and night just so your worthless ass can sleep all day! It's been a week Clarke! I mean there's literally no point in being upset anyways! She's literally-"

"Clarke he's right  you should try to get up." Mom says as though I'm a toddler.

"Wait she's what?" I say suddenly wide awake.

Murphy holds up his finger, annoyed.

"She's not even here. That's what he meant sweetie." Mom cuts in.

I groan.
They both get the hint and leave me to sleep my worries away. I take a gulp of alcohol Raven snuck me in and let it float me sleep.

KANE POV
I open the gates up for one of Lexa's messengers.

"What is it?" I say exasperated.

"Heda requests your immediate presence in the state of your people." She replied.

"My people? We are at peace. We are the 13th clan!" I yell holding out my arm.

"The others don't think so. Heda asks you bring your guilty to face the justice of the council. If you do not give anyone up it will result in war." She says a twinkle in her eye.
So this is what they all want, a war.

"Tell Heda I will arrive by sunrise."
With that I walk back to Arkadia looking for the only person who could reason with Lexa, Clarke.

Hey guys just wanted to say I won't be including A.L.I.E's
Dooms day explosion pt2 because I like Earth :)