Chapter 41

LEXA POV
I awake to see many people standing before me. I groggily try to sit up only to see I'm restrained to the bed, again. Cold water is splashed on my face as I regain focus.

"What was that for?" I order trying to see the culprit.

"Apologies Heda, we needed to make sure you're awake." Gaia looks at me apologetically while Clarke just scoffs.

"What the hell was that?" Clarke demands her voice thick with power.

I purse my lips together looking to the ceiling.
"That was Sheidheda." I state. There's utter silence before I look down to meet Clarke's eyes.

"He's one of the past Commanders. I thought I got rid of him yesterday, I thought wrong."

"Of course you did fools!" Titus hisses throwing the doors open. I look at him with a glare of disgust as he meets my bedside.

"That demon can't be pushed away, he must be expelled. All you did was allow him time to hide in your mind, waiting for a moment of weakness to strike, to attack when you are most distracted." He says gruffly looking at Clarke.
Clarke shrugs handing Titus his journal.

"Believe it or not I called him here." She says with authority.
Knowing I have no say in the matter I sink into the bed as Clarke yells out instructions.
"Go fetch a bowl of water and a towel. You get me a stool, and do as Titus asks!" I laugh opening my eyes.

"How long was I out for?" I ask. If he's already taken control of my body I'm surely at his will now.

"Two hours." Clarke says softly. One of my servants comes back with a stool and Clarke greedily sits in it at my side.

"You know you really are fit for this." I smirk, with my eyes closed.

"What? Standing at the Commanders side as a ghost possesses her?" She jokes.

I open my eyes and look at her.
"No, leading. If my soul couldn't choose a Natblida I'm sure it would choose you."
She smiles softly taking my hand that's strapped to my side.

"You'll get through this." She assures now looking frightened.

"I'm not so sure." I focus on the circles she's making on my palm.
"If he does, take over, promise me you'll kill me." I say solemnly.
She looks at me shocked.

"Lexa, are you insane?"

I squeeze her hand and look at her intensely.
"If he takes over that means I lost, I lost my fight. You cannot let him take over." I urge. I look past her to Titus who nods. Clarke wearily stands up and Titus takes my side.
"Close your eyes Heda. You'll need your strength."