Chapter 50

I watch as Raven sets up the computer from Kane's office with wires. Octavia, Lincoln and Indra have decided to watch over those in the cafeteria to make sure ALIE doesn't get any. Monty's changed a lot since I last saw him as he's now leading the group who refused the pill. They're helping gather supplies for Raven while I stand back baffled.

"What are you going to do?" I ask interrupting Raven's typing.

"I am going to try and connect the pill to the computer's hard drive. Then if that works I should be able to access the mainframe." She cracks open the AI to show wires as thin as hair entangled around the commander's symbol.

Raven takes a deep breath and uses tweezers to take out the wires. She closes her eyes then attaches the thin tubing to the computer. Her eyes immediately go to the computer screen before typing in a few bycodes. Her fingers quicken as her shoulders tighten in stress. I try to get a closer look at the computer, but I can't even understand what's being said on the screen.

"Dammit," she works quickly, the air in the room going still. Finally the screen goes black as she crushes the pill into shards.

"What's happening?" Murphy asks coming to the desk.

"The stupid AI rearranged it's memory drive. It moved its information into the main system of the pill." She picks up another pill, looking at it in the light.

"Meaning?" He asks annoyed.

"Meaning the only way to drag the mainframe out is to have the pill actually active." She leans into her chair.

"So we need someone to take the pill." He states blatantly.

"Why can't you trick the AI into believing it's attached to someone?" Emori tries to lighten the mood, but we all know what needs to be done.

"ALIE's too smart for that. I'll take the pill. I know I can fight her off long enough to get our information." I grab a chair, sliding it to the desk.

"How come you get to do all the fun stuff?" Murphy sulks to the back wall.

"Do you want to take the pill Murphy?" Kane asks belligerently.
Murphy huffs as he extends his arms up in defeat.

I smirk slightly in his direction before grabbing the bag full of pills. Raven grabs my wrist swiftly, stopping my motion.

"Are you sure you're able to do this. I could barely fight her off for a week Clarke. And then she barely was onto me."

"Thanks, but this needs to be done." I offer her a quick nod and hold a pill in my fist.

"Ok so if we are to get into her mainframe we need some connection to your brain." Raven states, not too sure how to word it out.

"We have some wires meant to detect brain activity." I suggest pointing to the bucket of medical supplies Monty brought.

"That'll work." Raven picks them out, shredding the butts of the wire. She swiftly attaches them to the open wire of a usb cord and sticks them to the base of my skull, and forehead.

"You don't know what you're doing do you." I look at Raven in the eyes.

"Nope." She looks frantic as she sits back down.

"Good luck."

"Good luck" Raven straps my arms and legs into place.

I take a deep breath, and swallow the pill.