Chapter 1

Kara's POV

I adjusted the strap to my bag on my shoulder before entering Catco. It really was a beautiful day in National City. I smiled as the elevator doors opened for me. I set my bag down on my desk and made my way to Ms. Grant's office.

"Kiera. I'm partnering you up with Mr. Kent here to interview Lena Luthor. I want you to find out her side of what happened at that train station" Ms. Grant tells me, not looking up.

I see my cousin smile at me and I do a little jig.

"I'll be right on it Ms. Grant" I salute. 

Clark and I make our way to the L-corp building, chatting along our way.

"I'm so excited for this interview!" I gushed. I was indeed very excited. This was my first assignment that really felt important.

"I'm not. She's bound to be just like her brother. Let's just hope she doesnt try to kill me right away" Clark grumbled.

I lightly smacked his arm, knowing he wouldnt hurt much anyway, and glared at him.

"You dont even know her Clark. From what I've read about her so far, she really seems to just be making a name of herself. She's a good egg" I say defensively. I have never met the woman before, but there was something in her story that intrigued me.

"Whatever. Just be careful, ok?" Clark responds. I rolled my eyes at him as we entered the building.

We made our way up the elevator and came across the assistants desk.

"Hi, we're here on behalf of Catco and the Daily Planet to interview Ms. Luthor?" I smiled kindly.

"Oh, of course. Let me just let her know that you're here" the assistant replied. "Ms. Luthor, the reporters are here to see you now."

"Let them in." The voice that came through the intercom made goosebumps appear on my arms. Strange.

Clark and I entered her office and I was surprised to see her missing from the neatly organized room. I let my eyes roam about the white furniture and glass wall. She had an incredible view of the city from her office.

"Now how can I help you today?" A voice said behind me. I was too engrossed in the view to hear her, even with my super hearing.

"We wanted to ask you a few questions about the murder attempt on the train you conveniently missed" Clark said.

"I was expecting you to assume I had part in it. I can assure you, Mr.?"

"Kent."

"Mr.Kent, that I had a last minute teleconference that called me away from being on that train. I can safely guess my mother or brother were behind the explosion, not I. They want me dead as mistakingly much as you do" she said coolly.

I was captured. Her raven black hair complemented her fair skin perfectly. Her blue-green eyes were icy and fierce, and yet, strangely comforting. I knew I was staring, but I couldnt tear my gaze away. My super strength was no match for the hold she had on me.

"I'm sorry and you are?" I heard her say. It was then I realized she had turned her attention to me.

"K-Kara Danvers from Catco ma'am" I stammered.

"Interesting. I dont believe I've seen you before. I know nearly every reporter in National City" she responds.

"This is my first assignment. Do you know any possible reasons in particular that your mother or brother would choose the train?" I tried to take the topic off of me and back to what we were here for.

"I could think of a million possibilities Ms. Danvers. My mother and brother always had a flare for the dramatic" she smiles halfheartedly.

"That still doesnt rule out that you also inherited that trait" Clark spoke up.

"Mr. Kent, think what you like but I am simply a woman trying to make a name for herself outside of her family. Seeing as you are hard to persuade, this is a drive that has the blueprints of the train and where my engineers determined the bomb to be. It also has the contact information to my alibi. Now, if you would excuse me, I must get back to work" she said dismissively.

"Thank you for your time Ms. Luthor. I wish you luck in this investigation" I smile softly.

"Thank you Ms. Danvers. I shall remember your face should it pop up again" she smiled.

She led us out of her office and closed the door. I could hear her sigh with my super hearing and a pang of sadness touched my heart. I knew how she felt. I was living in my cousins shadow. People knew me as Supergirl, sure, but I was mostly referred to as Supermans cousin. I knew that it must be hard to live with the judgement of people before they got to know you. I hoped that I could change that.

"You didnt have to be so mean, Clark" I muttered to him.

"She's hiding something Kara. She's probably working with her family. She's a Luthor for Christs sake!" He said exasperated.

"She's not like her family! She shouldnt be blamed for something she didnt do" I growl. I dont know why I'm so pissed with this but Clark was really starting to get on my nerves.

"Its not what she has done or not. It's about what she will do. She was raised by the Luthors since she was four, Kara. They taught her everything she knows. How do you know she isnt like them?" He argues.

"I just do. Can we just drop this? Dont jump to any conclusions until we go through her drive and know for sure that she didnt do this" I say.

Clarke is silent the rest of the way to Catco and I could feel the tension that now sits between us.

*****

I pulled my pajama shirt over my head and sighed. Clark returned back to National City and still wasnt talking to me. Ever since the interview with Lena Luthor last week we had been giving each other the cold shoulder. I went to my kitchen area to grab a glass of water when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello Ms. Danvers. I'm very sorry for calling so late but I've been quite busy. Cat Grant gave me your contact information" Lena explained.

"Oh, Ms. Luthor. It's no problem at all. Is there something I can help you with?" I bit my lip to stop it from quivering at hearing her voice again.

"Yes, I would like you to take down my statement for the train explosion and to announce a revealing ceremony at the waterfront in two weeks time" she said.

"Of course. Um, what would you be revealing?"

"It would hardly be a revealing ceremony if it is announced, wouldnt it?" I could hear a bit of a smile in her reply and my own smile emerged.

"That is very true. I would be happy to come to L-corp, tomorrow then?" I ask.

"Sure, be in my office at noon. I will have lunch provided" With that she hangs up and I look at my phone in disbelief. Lena Luthor wants me to write an article for her?

The room seemed to spin for a second before I made my way to bed. I slowly drifted off to sleep, with the same smile on my face from earlier.