Chapter 27

Kara's POV

It was dark. That's about as much as I could tell. I haven't had a dream like this since I first met Lena. I began to walk and a light gradually came into view. I looked outside to see that the sky is dark. I can see Lena working at a computer of some sort. I could feel it within me that something bad was going to happen. I land on a balcony outside the building and she walks out.

"Lena, we have to get out of here. It's not safe" I say quickly.

"Why should I trust you Kara? The only thing I've experienced with you is hurt and betrayal. I wont make that mistake again. I'm going to make sure that no one will make that mistake. That no one with have to face the pain that you put me through " she says. I was confused and I stepped toward her.

"I would never do that to you. If I did it was unintentional, but please, we have to leave" I beg. Lena turned away from me and walked back toward her office. I looked to the sky and then back to Lena.

"If you back into that office you'll kill me" I cry. Lena stopped with her hand on the door but didnt look back.

"Rao forbid that something happens to you when we walk back in that office, and I will never forgive myself. I lied to you and I lied to myself in the past. I told myself that keeping my secrets from you were to protect you, but I wasnt. I kept it from you because I was so in love with you I was afraid that you would leave. It was selfish of me and I know that it will be my greatest mistake. But leaving you and not trying to save you or tell you I love you, will be my greatest regret" I say mournfully. I blink away a few of my tears and they slide down my cheeks.

I see that Lena has now turned around and looks conflicted. I take another step toward her and she presses her back against the door. I hold my breath waiting for her to say something.

"I love you Lena Luthor. I will never give up on you. I will never stop believing in you. I made a promise to you that I would always be your friend and I would always be there for you. I intend to keep it. Even if you dont feel the same" I say lowly. Lena's green eyes become shiny and a lone tears trails down her cheeks.

A light of green starts to shine from behind her and a cage lined with kryptonite drops on me. A searing pain fills my body and I drop to my knees. Lena seems startled and goes to the bars.

"Kara!" She cries. I could see the panic begin to surface and I put a hand over hers through the bars.

"Not even this will stop me" I whisper. I place both hands on the bars and will myself to bend the bars. I feel weak and my shoulders slump.

"Please, dont leave" she whispers. I feel an energy surge and a light traces my veins and I pull against the bars once more. They begin to bend and I let out a roar. I hear the metal snap and I toss the cage away from me.

I stay still on my hands and knees trying to catch my breath and Lena pulls me into her lap.

"I didnt mean for this to happen. I never wanted to hurt you" she cried.

I take a few heaving breathes and close my eyes. I look up into Lena's eyes and see that she genuinely looks remorseful. I wasnt sure what had triggered a dream like this but I was hating it.

"I know" I whisper. My mind seems to go blank and I look around in the black abyss in front of me.

I try to feel around with my hands and my superhearing picks up nothing. I will myself to wake up but it's not working. Again and again I begin to feel weak and I know I cant give up. I have to get back to her. I focused on myself, telling myself to wake up. I need to get back to Lena, back to my family. I wanted to listen to her heartbeat and be able to do the same with our child in the future.

My hands were clenched in fists and I kneeled down on the floor that was below me. I couldnt see a thing but i could still feel. I closed my eyes and focused. I could feel an energy building within me and it grew. Before I knew it my eyes were glowing and I felt stronger somehow. I opened my eyes back up and I was in my bedroom, with my wife sleeping beside me.

Lena's POV

I rubbed over my stomach softly and gazed down at the paperwork on my desk. I havent started to show yet but knowing that another person is brewing within me is remarkable.

I heard a knock on my door and called for them to enter. Jess walked in and held a tablet in her arms.

"Just wanted to remind you of your 1 o'clock meeting Mrs. Luthor" she smiles.

"Thank you Jess. Will you also call my wife for me? I will be finishing some things in the lab tonight" I say.

"Of course. Shall I expect her to make an appearance later as well?" Jess smirks.

"I'm sure she will. You know how she doesnt enjoy me staying out late" I laugh. Jess nods and exits my office.

I decide to take a break from paperwork and take a breather out on the balcony. I couldnt help but think about my dream last night. I had seemed so evil. There was something dark in my heart and it made my skin crawl. I was mad at Kara for whatever reason and had pushed her away. I had nearly killed her. My dream didnt finish when I had woken up and it concerned me. I tried not to show it to Kara and it seemed to work. She had left to work as she normally would and followed our normal routine.

I looked out over the city and sighed out into the darkening skylight. As a Luthor I shouldnt expect life to be easy for me, but for a moment it seemed that the universe was starting to like me. These dreams.... these dreams are something I still cant wrap my mind around. They dont seem to lead to one big event or some unforeseen prophecy that I can tell. They only look to confuse me and lead me astray.

I hear a ring come from inside and I find that it's my phone. I look at the messages and see that it's the one and only reporter.

Darling 🥟: I heard you were staying at the lab for little tonight. Everything ok?

I could imagine the worried expression and lip bite that she might be doing.

Me 🍀: Everything is fine. Just want to finish up somethings.

Darling 🥟: Ok. I love you 💚

Me 🍀: I love you too 💙

I smile and set down my phone, smoothing out my blazer before heading to the conference room for my meeting. Hopefully I can just talk to Eliza or Alex about these dreams.