Chapter 33

Lena's POV

A strong urge to protect my child made me want to kill him. Alex still had her gun aimed at his heart and I eyed him wondering why the hell he was here.

"You know, it's quite simple to fake your own death when you're surrounded by simpletons. Lena, dear sister, how do you ever manage to live with one?" Lex sneered.

"These 'simpletons' are more family to me than you and mother ever were. I know they wont have a problem in making sure you're dead" I grit.

Another large contraction hit me like a wave and I groaned loudly. Alex seemed torn between keeping Lex at bay and helping me.

"Get him out of here" I growled. Alex immediately reacted and stepped forward.

Kara was still yelling next door and crashes could be heard. I saw a smug grin on Lex's face and knew he must be enjoying it.

"Well, she seems to be having fun" he laughs.

"Shut up or I wont hesitate to shoot, you son of a bitch" Alex snarls.

"Funny, as I am the only one to wake sleeping beauty next door. Would be a shame if you were to kill me and doom your sister in result. Would you like that Director Danvers?" he says.

A bigger contraction and this time I feel water pool beneath me.

"My water broke" I whisper to myself.

"All I'm here for is the little tike that seems to be arriving sooner than anticipated and I'll be off" Lex says.

"You'll never get that baby" Alex growls. The other agents that were helping with the delivery attempt to continue to prep me but Lex steps forward.

"Be sure to take good care. That's the Luthor heir you're handling" he grins evilly.

"That's it. I've had enough" Alex starts forward and makes an effort to grab Lex. A metal glove appears on my brothers hand and reaches out for Alex's throat.

"You're mother really should have taught you how to play nice. I'll be sure to do that with my new apprentice" he sneers.

I could hear Alex gasping for breath and I watch helplessly. The agents look torn between helping their boss and helping me. I motion for them to help Alex as I feel too spent to speak. They stand and move toward Lex who has another glove. Alex fights back and kicks at Lexs legs. I could see her swinging her body toward to door to throw Lex off balance.

I know another contraction is coming and I prepare myself. A tear finally escapes my eye and I whisper Kara's name under my breath before I felt pain radiate throughout my body.

Kara's POV

I need to wake up. I look around the fake National City and think about how Lex would have a safe switch of some sort. His lab? His mansion? Lena? I think about Lena and how worried she must be. Worry is not good for the baby and they're supposed to be born in two weeks! What if I've already been in a coma for two weeks!? A new urge to wake up lights in me and I shoot up into the sky.

The closer I get to the atmosphere I could hear something. I strain and try to use my superhearing. The blood drains from my face and I realize its Lena letting out a guttural scream. Shes clearly in a great deal of pain and I fly faster upward. I let out a roar and then nothing.

Lena's POV

I heard Kara go silent and it scared me more than her screaming. More agents had attempted to capture Lex but his gloves made it near impossible. Ex had finally been released and ran to tackle Lex. I then heard a strange noise that gradually got louder.

Kara then flew into the room in a fury and grabbed ahold of Lex, pining him to the wall. Her eyes were a glowing red and white. Every muscle through her suit taunt. Lexs gloves turned green and he grabbed Kara's arms. I knew it was kryptonite and reached out.

"No!" I yelled. I watched as nothing happened and Kara grabbed one of the gloves with her free hand and started to crush it. Lex yelled at the smashing of his hand and glared at her in confusion.

"That doesnt work anymore" she said in a low voice. With a yank she took the glove off and then the other. She bent the metal of them and wrapped them around Lexs hands. She tossed him out of the room with seemingly no effort and finally turned to me.

The glowing in her eyes lessened and I gradually began to see those ocean eyes. She dashed to my side and softly placed a hand on my sweaty forehead.

"Are you ok? What happened? Is the baby coming!? How are they!? What did he do!? I swear ill-" I stopped Kara before she went off on her rambles.

"I'm fine darling. I knew childbirth was painful but it still came as a bit of a surprise. Speaking of which..... love?" I said shyly. Another contraction was near.

"Yes? What do you need? Wheres Alex?" she said hurriedly.

"I just need your hand" I grit out. She grabs my hand as the contraction comes and I squeeze it with a scream.

"I'm here! You're doing great! Start pushing Lena. Push as hard as you can" she says. She places herself between my legs and nods. As a contraction comes I push with all my might and scream, smashing Kara's hand.

"Good. Now you've got a Kryptonian hand to kill" Alex grumbles.

"Shes squeezing pretty hard. Even I can feel some pressure!" Kara smiles.

"Will you two stop joking!? Get this child out of me!" I growl. I see Kara shrink and know I'll have to make it up to her when my body doesnt feel like it's being torn apart.

A few pushes later and the wonderful cries of our child fill the room.

"Its a girl! Well done Lena!" Alex cheers. I see them take her away and I immediately want her back.

"They're just going to clean her up a bit honey. She'll be back, you did great" Kara nuzzled her nose in my hair and I let out a sigh.

Alex came back with a bundle in a pink fluffy blanket and handed her to Kara. I watched my soulmate with sparkles in her eyes walk to me and sit down in the seat next to me.

"She's beautiful" Kara whispers. She places her in my arms and I look down at the little human. Well, I suppose Kryptonian.

She let out a little yawn, melting my heart and I lean to Kara.

"I dont understand how she could be so tired if I did all the work" I chuckle. Kara made her way on to my bed and wrapped her arms around us.

"Did my soulmate just make a funny?" Kara teases. I laugh and shush her.

"What should we name her? I know we went through quite a few names but we thought we would have two more weeks to think about it" I say.

"I have an idea. If you're up for it" Kara says shyly. I look at her quizzically and follow her gaze to Alex who is outside celebrating with the other agents.

"I think it's perfect. Why dont you go tell her?" I say, placing my free hand on her cheek.

Kara gets out of bed and I look at our daughter and back up. Kara walks to Alex and I could see them talking. Alex glances at me and I smile before Alex throws herself at Kara with a squeal.

Kara comes back to the room and we could now hear Alex yelling down the halls.

"I think shes just a little excited" Kara laughs.

I look at Little Alex and smile.

"You have a very strange aunt but you'll know just how much she has done when you get older. Why we named you after her, but hopefully take the good qualities" Alex yells past our door running like a crazy teenager and I laugh.

"Maybe the weird ones arent so bad either."